Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPA

Options
  • 23-06-2011 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hay folks,

I'm just wondering would anybody have any Idea, how the over-all GPA of a ab-initio Degree is calculated in Ireland, and do modules from first and second year carry less weight, than third and fourth year? not getting much information on this matter, on-line or from my college website. Just trying to figure out what I need to improve my GPA for next year, which will be my third year.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Hay folks,

I'm just wondering would anybody have any Idea, how the over-all GPA of a ab-initio Degree is calculated in Ireland, and do modules from first and second year carry less weight, than third and fourth year? not getting much information on this matter, on-line or from my college website. Just trying to figure out what I need to improve my GPA for next year, which will be my third year.

How long is a piece of string?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 FuzzyBandit

Naikon wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string?

mmmm another keyboard warrior, asks me one of the oldest rhetorical riddles in the world, look if you don't have a clue, how to answer my genuine question, then jog on. I take my studies very seriously, and work like a machine to achieve good grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Hay folks,

We'd need to know what university you attend, since there are several that don't use GPA at all. Also what course you take, as courses frequently weight their years and modules differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

mmmm another keyboard warrior, asks me one of the oldest rhetorical riddles in the world, look if you don't have a clue, how to answer my genuine question, then jog on. I take my studies very seriously, and work like a machine to achieve good grades.

None of the supplied information has any relevance to the actual question at hand : \ If you actually spent more time researching properly, you might get an answer to this question. How do you expect the general populace to know anything about your obscure GPA related question? Take it to the people that implement and enforce these policies not the Internet at large. A time and a place and all that jazz.

These rules are clearly defined in the course document relevant to your specific course. Look them up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement