Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 not charging.

Options
  • 22-06-2011 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with their iPhone 4 not charging? I first noticed this a couple of days ago but the phone would begin to charge and then a few minutes later it stops. As I usually charge it when I am sleeping i did not notice this. Unfortunately then today when i realized the phone was about to die I decided to try restore factory settings as I think it is a software problem but the phone died and now it wont charge whatsoever, not even enough to restore it. I have tried charging it with 3 different USB leads, both using a laptop and then 2 different plugs. None of these have worked.

When the phone still had a small amount of battery and i connected it to the laptop or tried to charge it a message came up saying 'Charging not supported using this accessory' with a yellow triangle warning sign above the message. Thanks,

Colin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Blasphemy, Apple in the Open Source forum :eek:

Go here quick before you get shot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I was in the technology section and I saw this thread and thought wtf… you might want to move this to the mac or mobile forums.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

While there is no denying the wonderful design that apple has provided over the decades, I am always surprised to see how popular apple laptops are at open source conventions. Perhaps it is an "anything but MS" idea, but apple is as closed (if not more so) than anybody.

Still rather than the OP's question simply being blasphemous, I fail to see why they chose the open source forum for a question on charging a mobile phone... any mobile phone!. Why here, for example, rather than the Mobile Phone & PDA forum? I would suggest that they would be much more likely to get an answer there (even more so than the mac forum).

** the thread moved before I pressed post!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Hi cg2511, are you using an original charger? And an original cable? Sounds off but Apple stuff can be very picky.

By the sounds of what you've tried already, I'd say its dodgy battery. If all else fails, ring Apple. You'd still be in warranty.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It sounds as if you have something(fluff or lint from your pocket) stuck in the dock connector on the bottom, try cleaning it out!

Mine stopped charging last year, it was the dock connector was damaged, had to get a replacement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Have you tried plugging it into a mains charger while holding home and sleep at the same time (for approx 30 seconds)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Have you tried plugging it into a mains charger while holding home and sleep at the same time (for approx 30 seconds)?

Advertisement