Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If YOU were making a zombie movie...

Options
  • 22-06-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭

...what cool ideas would you have for anything that might happen in the movie?

Don't worry about props, locations, or any of that stuff - anything you come up with is up for discussion.

Again - this is pertaining to LostZombies.com. Things are getting close to wrapping up on the project and we are looking for some specific scenarios to use for some final projects.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

random cutscenes throughout the film with different pre-collapse newscasts giving the background to the apocalypse.
    Skynews, RTE, BBC, CNN, Reuters, etc..but done as a backwards timeline, finally showing that it could have been averted relatively easily.

But well, its probably been done already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

random cutscenes throughout the film with different pre-collapse newscasts giving the background to the apocalypse.
    Skynews, RTE, BBC, CNN, Reuters, etc..but done as a backwards timeline, finally showing that it could have been averted relatively easily.

But well, its probably been done already :D

So funny...this is exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title. So much picks up post-outbreak. I'd love to see some pre-outbreak story, how the virus came about and was spread, maybe who was responsible...think Stephen King's The Stand, only it's a zombie virus, not Captain Trips. That's one thing I'd love to get from a Romero film - an explanation, because we've seen the fallout, but not why/how it happened. Was it man made? Was it a natural mutation of a virus? Was it avoidable or was it inevitable?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Some CSI type microscopic shots of each healthy blood cell being destroyed by the virus would be amazing.

A first person view through the zombies eyes. Maybe cut really loudly to what ever he might be hearing in his dead head.....voices wispering loudly eatthefleshkillkillkill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I'd cast Justin Bieber....you would never guess what happens to him

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

There were some visuals that when reading world war Z I thought would look epic on a big screen.

Its been a while since I read it but I think it was a discription of the battle of Yonkers where the first few Zombies get cut down easily but unbeknownst to the soldiers if you pan out to the satellite view there are literally tens if not hunderds of millions of them. I always imagined it looking like a bee swarm that covered a hundered square kilometers as tens of millions of zombies surged forwards enmasse.

Epic battles of pure awesome where a tightly knit group of soldiers with those hand axe things hack and slash a hoarde until they are literally surrounded by a circular wall of dead undead.

I still ove bullit time even though its been done over and over. A zombie being riddled with bullets and then following the one that is the killing blow headshot would be great.

A couple who get bit get down and dirty at it cos they know theyre screwed and turn at the same time mid roll in the hay, possibly eat each other (inspired by an episode of supernatural)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Nice. Good stuff peeps.

Whether an idea has been done or not really doesn't matter to me. How many movies made are 100% original anyway? :D The good stuff, and much of the bad unfortunately, gets tweaked a bit and reused.

I like the focus on the "What happened?" bit and I LOVE news broadcasts like they used in the 2004 DotD.

Idea a friend had had was to be using a thermal scope - see a human get taken down by zombies, the zombies showing up as blue/cold of course. The human gets bit/attacked and we slowly see his color profile change from warm-blooded red to zombie cold/blue as he's lying on the ground. See him stand up and join the mob....

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Goodoak

I think a Scene showing the silence of the aftermath of a zombie outbreak would be good.

A group of people sitting around in a boarded up room not talking or moving with just silence all around them and then someone cocks their head... A shuffling noise.

It gets louder until a shadow can be seen at one of the boarded up windows. The zed stops turns it head from side to side. Everyone stays stock still holding their breath.

Beat.

The zed begins to move off then someone moves, something small is knocked over. The person who knocked it turns to try and catch it and at the same time the zed turns catching the movement inside the house. A low guttural moan escapes it’s open maw. More shuffling is heard, then more moaning. Slowly the house becomes surrounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I want to see the horror in peoples eyes. I'm sick of unlikely action heroes, I want to see shocked desperation of 1st world people facing starvation while they try to run from zombies. I want to see them slow and slow as they run out of energy and watch the slow zombie gradually gain on them.

The road came close but was still firmly stuck in Hollywood land, it wasn't gruesome enough. I want to have characters that people can really relate to so they can suffer through the horror with the characters.

I also want to see rotting zombies not these blood soaked fancy dress zombies.

I want to see survivors looking like auswitch-style human shuffling skeletons. They are boarded up against the hoards but theres no food or water. These are normal Joe Bloggses who refuse to die or be turned yet know their is no hope.

I think scenes like this woudl be a grim reality in zombie holocaust survival.

I'd like to see scenes where people give up, let themselves be turned.

Id like a scene Where uber rich people in their penthouses realise that while they are safe from the hoards there's no way out, their empires and lifes work meaningless and they have nothing, no one, and not the balls to end it.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Gandalph wrote: »
    I'd cast Justin Bieber....you would never guess what happens to him

The zombies eat his vocal chords first to put us all out of our misery? :pac:

Dakota, cool thread...I'm loving hearing the ideas everyone has, especially since some of them are things I'd never thought of.

I have another...what if the virus is something that has cropped up in certain places throughout history...think about all the myths about the dead rising from the grave - even the bible has many mentions of this. I think it'd be cool to explore that, see where/how it first started thousands of years ago, how it was defeated then, why it came back x amount of years later, and so on. It could be done like...say you had a group of researchers gathered together after a present day outbreak, and they're scouring their books for legends and such, hoping to find a way out of it, and when they find something there's a flashback to whatever time period the myth stems from...

Maybe a little much, but I think it'd be cool.

• Advertisement

Speaking of Biblical references there are many fun scenes such as the dead rising in Jeruselum and being accedentially mistaken for the coming of the true messiah and all the hilarity that may ensue from that mistake. Another religious group that believe that the dead will rise and walk the earth again are the Jehovas witnesses. I see much comic value in Zombie JW's.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have another...what if the virus is something that has cropped up in certain places throughout history...think about all the myths about the dead rising from the grave - even the bible has many mentions of this. I think it'd be cool to explore that, see where/how it first started thousands of years ago, how it was defeated then, why it came back x amount of years later, and so on. It could be done like...say you had a group of researchers gathered together after a present day outbreak, and they're scouring their books for legends and such, hoping to find a way out of it, and when they find something there's a flashback to whatever time period the myth stems from...

Maybe a little much, but I think it'd be cool.
    That's something I've thought about too, the zombie myth is so entrenched in just about every human culture all over the world that you'd wonder where it came from. I'd include vampires and other ghouls as mistaken zombies.

There's also the fact that a zombie virus/disease isn't going to pop into existence it's already out there somewhere. By normal virus standards it's not a good virus because it kills it's host and alienates it's host from new victims. In the past it wouldn't have been as successful because of these facts. In todays world it's got the perfect breeding ground it just needs to get a foothold in the right place at the right time to go global.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

ScumLord wrote: »
    That's something I've thought about too, the zombie myth is so entrenched in just about every human culture all over the world that you'd wonder where it came from. I'd include vampires and other ghouls as mistaken zombies.

There's also the fact that a zombie virus/disease isn't going to pop into existence it's already out there somewhere. By normal virus standards it's not a good virus because it kills it's host and alienates it's host from new victims. In the past it wouldn't have been as successful because of these facts. In todays world it's got the perfect breeding ground it just needs to get a foothold in the right place at the right time to go global.

Check out Max Brooks graphic novel Zombie Survival Guide: Reported Attacks. That book is ALL about historical zombie outbreaks. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

How about a futuristic zombie flick (not taking spaceships and laser beams) were common diseases have combined in an overpopulated world/slums creating different types of Zs, some dribbling shufflers while others sprinting lunatics, some children being faster crawlers. Some zombies being infected with horomonal overgrowth diseases developing into bulkier (not massive) slower but stronger Z heads. Even some people who's bodies reject the diseases but still stay semi mutated and turn into cowering psychopaths!

I understand that this looks past the typical "dead" zombies, but I wanted to keep it on a 28 days later outbreak type movie. And I dont want the Z's to be portrayed as complete monsters, just humans ravaged by disease and plague.

Naturally in the future the scientists/ military would be well beter equiped for such a thing but with all the mutation developments it makes it more difficult for them to keep up with containing it. I basically want to creat an appocolapse that you simply cant hold up in a shopping mall shooting Z's with a sniper rifle from the roof, A world for of anarchy and carnage were no one but the fittest would survive.

Advertisement