Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renoirs Reflection (Original Band In Waterford)

Options
  • 22-06-2011 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

New band called Renoirs Reflection exploding in Waterford.
    Theyve got great tunes and never disappoint at a gig!

Check out some of their stuff on Myspace and like them on facebook if you like it!

Facebook: Search Renoirs Reflection

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/566416180

A Band definately worth listening to!

Playing The Forum August 6th!

Did You Like The Bands Music? 5 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    20%
    kkdela6 1 vote
    It Was Alright
    60%
    MilanPan!ccobsiebassist needed 3 votes
    It Was Good But Not My Style
    20%
    The Jammy dodger 1 vote

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

It Was Alright
    Not for me and I didn't really like it... though I only tried two songs... couldn't bear more than that.

... might like it a little if that very repetitive guitar noodling was turned WAY down... it is incredibly obnoxious... IMO of course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jay0833

Listen to the rest sure,their all different,Plus they are only rough demos so the levels are all wrong lol

It Was Alright
    Jay0833 wrote: »
    Listen to the rest sure,their all different,Plus they are only rough demos so the levels are all wrong lol

That guitar was in first two, so...

If you post another session at some point I'll listen again.

Personally i dont find it all obnoxious,its the style of the music,sure the levels could be a bit better but repetative guitar? Couldnt agree with you on that at all.You cant judge the band on two songs tbh

It Was Alright
    Jay0833 wrote: »
    Personally i dont find it all obnoxious,its the style of the music,sure the levels could be a bit better but repetative guitar? Couldnt agree with you on that at all.You cant judge the band on two songs tbh

TBH that's more than most will listen too... people will prolly, if you're lucky, listen to 30 secs, and then decide if it's for them or not.

As for it being repetitive...

track one, which is for some reason 6 mins long, has the same verse guitar thing 4 times within the first minute (the chorus) then it has another repeated guitar line (which is just a variation of the chorus one) 4x in the verse...

so within 1:30 I've heard 8 guitar licks, which are actually just two parts played 4x each, all with the same basic rhythm and guitar sound... this continues for 4:30 longer... by minute two I've heard that chorus lick 8 times... by 2:45 I've heard it 12 times... same exact lick 12 time in less than three minutes... then there's an interminable guitar solo (same exact guitar sound)... then another chorus... so in less than 4 minutes we've heard the EXACT same guitar lick 16 times....

that is pretty much the definition of repetitive.

then yet another guitar solo... at least there's a different guitar sound...

Track two.

here comes that same guitar sound again... doodle doodle doodle doodle...
    twice by 50 seconds... same doodle doodle doodle...

and now that same sound, but playing a different (but just barely) doodle doodle doodle at 1:50... three big doodlely bits, same sound, within two minutes... very repetitive... and now yet another guitar solo... third one in just 1.5 songs...

I could go on, but it's not worth it...

if you don't see how playing the same thing 16x in one song is repetitive... I can't help you... but to 99.9% of people it will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

It Was Good But Not My Style
    Although Milan said ''No'' I would have to agree with a lot of what he said. The blueprint for the structure and glueing together of the songs is there. But they are all over the place. You need to keep the listener engaged right from the beginning. I preferred the second song to the first but it still is choppy in its arrangment and structure.

Your vocal is not doing it any favours. I suggest for music like this you get someone with a good front man style rock'n'roll gritty vocal. harmonies and a better recording are whats needed.

Also I feel you need to work just a tad little harder on your lyrics.

Hope this was constructive enough for ya.

Well done, the musicianship is good and your on to a good start methinks.

Jammy

Yes but that chorus will be stuck in your head all day :P
    I appreciate the criticism because opinions are important,like i said rough demos,and i am the vocalist and there is nothing wrong with my voice thank you very much :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

No
    you never see my faaaaaaaace :D

Advertisement