Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

4th provisional

Options
  • 22-06-2011 11:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

hiya, im on my 4th provisional and its out in august, so im going to apply for my test this week as soon as i have the spare cash, im hoping to get a test soon, but what happens if my license runs out in the meantime?? do i have to take the theory test again before i can renew my provisional??

ive been having lessons the last year but i just cant afford anymore so the whole thing is stressing me out, i drive an auto and am learning manual, i dont have a manual car to practise in..so maybe i should just take the test in my own car, pass it and then start again with manual later on??? any help or advice welcome!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Portergeist

pearl jam fan you should do the test in manual because thats what you have been learning in! If you do it in your auto then you wont be able to drive any manual car in the future whereas if you do the test in manual you will be able to drive both auto and manual. If your provisional runs out you need to get a new one because you need to present a valid provisional to the tester on the day of the test! You should ask you driving instructor aswell, im sure he/she would know these things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

hiya thanks, yeh i know what i 'should' do ie take the test in a manual, but its which one will i pass in, at this stage. because its my 4th license which is only valid for a year i dont know what happens after that, can i simply renew it again for the year or what? i dont really want to bother my driving teacher because i havent had lessons since feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

As is generally agreed, it is better to have the manual licence. But any full licence is better then a provisional (learner permit). If you can't practice in a manual, practice in the automatic. If you think you would fail in the amnual and pass in the auto, sit the test in the auto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement