Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what's up with MySpace??

Options
  • 22-06-2011 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

It seems that for the past couple of weeks I have been unable to play any of the tracks on my myspace profile. I then realized that it was the same with everyone else's profile. Nothing is playing for me (the play button simply won't respond).

Is anybody else having this issue, or is it confined to a select few??

Here is my myspace profile: http://www.myspace.com/566035386

I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know if you are having the same trouble playing the tracks as I am.

I need my profile working. This is the last thing I need...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ziplok

Hey man,

I clicked on your profile. everything bar the second tune worked fine. I kept on getting an error message with this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

They all worked for me.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

MySpace is garbage.

Some days I can play nothing. Othe days I cN play somethings and not others. Other days it's fine.

But it's kinda meaningless if you just embed a soundcloud player in it and hide their ****e media player.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Thanks for letting me know guys. That's very useful, as now I at least know that it's not an issue with my profile..

I suppose it could possibly have something to do with the browser (I'm on Safari).

• Registered Users Posts: 40 HeartShake

Close your MySpace, get a SoundCloud or BandCamp. Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

HeartShake wrote: »
    Close your MySpace, get a SoundCloud or BandCamp. Seriously.

Can't really recommend band camp, but something like Reverbnation is a great alternative to MySpace (same idea, but not as ****e)... at the very least, like I said, ditch the MySpace player and use a third party one... much better....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

MySpace used not be so bad but whatever recent changes they made have rendered it almost unusable and I mean just from a browsing to a band's profile and trying to play a song or two, never mind managing my own profile. Long loading times, loads of ads locking up my browser, songs that won't play and hideous layouts are all reasons why I try to avoid it if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Facebook are launching a new tool for bands I think...

But there's Facebook, SoundCloud, BandCamp, Breaking Tunes, Reverb Nation, when has MySpace ever been as good as any of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

El Pr0n wrote: »
    there's Facebook, SoundCloud, BandCamp, Breaking Tunes, Reverb Nation, when has MySpace ever been as good as any of them?
    When I set up a MySpace for a band a couple of years ago I didn't have a Facebook account so I had no idea what it offered for bands. SoundCloud, Breaking Tunes and Reverb Nation I had never heard of. BandCamp I figured was more for offering actual releases for download or sale. The band had a few live recordings done but nothing of sufficiently high quality for an official release.

So, out of the above list it was simply down to the fact that I knew what MySpace offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Out of the lot of them, Reverbnation would be the most beneficial "hub" to use, with Facebook following closely. The Reverbnation app for facebook is also a great tool.

Myspace has been showing its age for years now, and most other social networks offer the same tools, but of a better quality.

Just my 0.02c. OP, If I were you, I'd ditch Myspace. You can even sync the myspace fan count to Reverbnation, if you're worried about stats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

don't close your myspace page.

as Milanpanic! says, myspace is garbage. F*cking garbage. An absolute monster since that megalomaniac Murdoch got his hands on it.

here's what you you. get yourself a website if your serious about music (if u haven't got one already), you can build your own for a few bucks a month (see bandzoogle.com).

myspace has one great feature - its search engine optimisation. use and abuse it. just plaster your myspace with links to your website, facebook, reverbnation, whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Thanks for the advice guys.

I have already created a soundcloud profile, and I'm much preferring it to myspace.

So that'll do me for now. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Daycentbill

Myspace is the biggest load of crap, we had to delete our account as it kept not working properly, and we could'nt change any of the details, so we set a good facebook fan page, you can do most of same things like have your music player etc, you cant add friends but it gives you a good indication of how your band is actually doing by looking at actual fans and how many likes you get through posts, so my advice is to delete your myspace and just one other form of promotion well.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Laserface

myspace was once cool..and handy

but nowadays the only people on myspace are other bands...so who is going to listen?
    "please listen to my tunes..
    no..you please listen to mine instead...blah blah"
    plus its just technically horrible these days

i use soundcloud..which i then sync up with my facebook page. so people can click my profile and just click "tracks"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Speak o the divil...

Rupert "I-want-to-own-the-universe" Murdoch has sold Myspace for $35million

He bought it in 2005 for $508million :)

now that's music to my ears. I rarely wish people ill will but his intention was to make it an advertising haven and extrapulate maximum profit, while giving feck all back to the bands who were responsible for bringing the people on to the pages where the ads were in the first place. Nothing more than they deserve IMO

Justin Timberlake is involved in the buyout: link - http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0630/myspace-business.html

Advertisement