Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two tents? New to camping!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

Look fine for irish weather, they have 4000mm hydro head which is excellent water resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

euser1984 wrote: »
    Are these ok for using in Irish weather conditions?
    Absolutely fine. They should handle severe conditions no problem as long as pitched correctly. You need to ensure that the tent is pegged down well, that your guylines are tight, and that there is a sufficient gap between the inner and outer tent at all points.

It would be well worth your while to 'practice' pitching the tent before you first use it - the familiarity of 'having done it before' helps a lot, especially if it's dark or raining at the time.

Of the two, I'd go for the Snowdonia as well. It appears to have an appreciably larger porch area, and is a bit lighter. The extra porch space can make a huge difference to comfort, especially if there are two occupants.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Esel wrote: »
    You need to ensure that the tent is pegged down well, that your guylines are tight, and that there is a sufficient gap between the inner and outer tent at all points.
    This is so important, and you really don't appreciate how important it is until you wake up in a went tent!

It would be well worth your while to 'practice' pitching the tent before you first use it - the familiarity of 'having done it before' helps a lot, especially if it's dark or raining at the time.
    Always surprises me that people don't do this. You really need to know what you're doing before you head off camping. Saves so much hassle.

Of the two, I'd go for the Snowdonia as well. It appears to have an appreciably larger porch area, and is a bit lighter. The extra porch space can make a huge difference to comfort, especially if there are two occupants.
    That seems to be the main difference alright. The covered porch space makes such a difference, especially if it's raining. It's essential for leaving your mucky boots or wet clothes out of the dry tent.

Advertisement