Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deuter Sleeping bag. 200 or 300?

Options
  • 21-06-2011 6:29pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone experience of these bags? Available in Great Outdoors. 200 or 300, which is suitable for Irish summer? Is the 300 overkill?
    Cheers.

Sorry, should be in Outdoors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hehe, thought it was a wacky invention that put the Mac to sleep when you put it in a bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I don't know the bags, but most decent ones will have temperature ranges specified. Just be aware that any Extreme figure quoted means 'you won't die as long as you are wearing extra clothing inside the bag - you may not sleep too soundly though...'. The bags should also give a Season rating (i.e. number of seasons they are suitable for).

In general, it is the loft (i.e. the height of the uncompressed insulation) of the bag that determines how warm it will be. Just don't get an ultra-lightweight bag intended for the tropics.... :D

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement