Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss left me sickened

Options
  • 21-06-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭

After 3 and a half years working for my boss, i had a grievance to raise regarding the manner in which he treats me when i make mistakes, which isnt very often but when it does happen, he tuts, rolls his eyes, corrects you in public and generally derides the fact you made a mistake. Two people have left his team as a result of his bullying manner and i didnt really like him as a person the past few years but always had a good working relationship as i worked tonnes of overtime, always did my best as a worker and kept him in the loop as to whats going on. And now, when i very diplomatically told him that i didnt want to be treated badly and yelled at for making mistakes, he simply laughs and said "Well if you are unhappy with your treatment, i can arrange for you to move groups". Just like that, no resolve to change his treament. After 4 years of loyal and hard work, one little complaint and he wants me to go.

Now i cant even look him in the eye and am almost physically sick at how i have been treated. I was so shocked i just said ill think about it but he has been nice the past few days since i asked him to stop berating me but thats only as he is scared of me making an official complaint to HR, so now im working for this man who i have lost all respect for. A new team would take months to be trained in on and i enjoy the work in my team just not the boss. Any advice on how i can tolerate this cretin?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Make an official complaint to HR once you know that you have the grounds to do so.

Advertisement