Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic 3D TV on adverts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Correct!

Was loking at one of these last year, and (unfortunately) opted for the Philips 9705.
    I know things move on, but if they'd been anything like this price back then, I'd have snapped it up!

Word of warning though. From memory they suffered from floating blacks and average (at best) standard definition processing. The 3D was supposed to be the best on the market though, even if it was a little bit darker than the equivalent LCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Does this mark the return of the guys behind the brilliant Alliance Electric store that closed last year on George's Street in Dublin:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

So much temptation... So little money... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Panasonics reputation in the Irish market is p*ss poor with regard to how their TV's handle Saorview and their corporate response to the associated technical troubles Irish owners have experienced.

A search of the Terrestrial forum will enlighten anyone considering a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i've had panasonic tvs for the past few years and i currently own one of these tvs on offer. as regards to saorview, the 50VT20 tv was released before saorview was officially available. as it stands now on my VT20 i can receive the saorview channels (including rte 2 hd). i know some people are pissed off because their older tvs wont work with saorview but in fairness when they bought their tvs saorview wasnt around so whats the problem?? i have an older panasonic 26" in the bedroom that used to work when rte was mpeg2 but since they changed to mpeg4 it wont work on saorview - not panasonics fault though, they never said it would work on mpeg4 so i dont see what the issue is??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

big_moe wrote: »
    i've had panasonic tvs for the past few years and i currently own one of these tvs on offer. as regards to saorview, the 50VT20 tv was released before saorview was officially available. as it stands now on my VT20 i can receive the saorview channels (including rte 2 hd). i know some people are pissed off because their older tvs wont work with saorview but in fairness when they bought their tvs saorview wasnt around so whats the problem?? i have an older panasonic 26" in the bedroom that used to work when rte was mpeg2 but since they changed to mpeg4 it wont work on saorview - not panasonics fault though, they never said it would work on mpeg4 so i dont see what the issue is??

hi moe, will i pick up saorview on my g10?

hi emo, yeah it should do. i have a 32" g10 that picks it up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

wouldn't touch panasonics after their responses to z81 owners, even due to recent bbc hd issues. cowboys Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭positron

I wonder if it's the new LG 3D tvs (that doesnt' require active glasses) that's pushing the prices down for tvs with older (ouch, barely a year old) 3D technology.

the LG passive 3D has been out since day 1 as well. the glasses are cheaper but the 3D effect isn't as good. Also, the Panasonic is a much better tv in 2D than most others out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭positron

That's not the impression I got from reading AVForums on LG's new 3D Cinema series - like the LW550T discussed here. I don't have a 3D now, so just saying what I gathered really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Panasonic bashing is ridiculous , they are by far the one of if not the best quality tvs on the market and have been for a considerable length of time.

As for the saorview, Moe is correct , there are thousands of TV's bought in the last 2 years in the country that cant pick up any of the channels. Its hardly Panasonic's fault.

This is a cracking deal from incredibly sound lads.

Glad to see the Alliance brand still hold some water with the people who are familiar with their service.

Advertisement