Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redwolf Airsoft?

Options
  • 21-06-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

I waas just wondering has anyone ordered anything from these guys and how did it work out.im thinking about getting a GBB from them but im not sure on the power with different gasses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

There are a couple of IRISH retailers who deal with RW. Why not ask them to order it in for you, that way you're supporting the IRISH airsoft industry + you get local warranty/support if anything goes wrong + you'll be sure it's not >1j when you get it. At the end of the day it will only cost you a few quid more and for that you get peace of mind and you don't run the risk of having it stopped & destroyed if it's >1j

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

yea thanks i was considering that. i suppose its the safest option anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

If you can get an Irish retailer to get it for you try that first!
    For peace of mind you wont regret it!

Redwolf are awesome but their postage rates are expensive.

I bought a Star AW338 back in 2007
    Total this cost 748 Euros.
    120 Euros was postage
    143 Euros was Customs Fees and Vat.
    I also payed extra on top of all that for a sub 1j downgrade.

After all that redwolf forgot to include the scope! when I asked about
    it and they sent it out to me separately that was stopped in customs too and
    they wanted to charge me for it!!!!

And also I had a leaky Mag so they needed to send me out a replacement valve.
    And that replacement valve did not work! and there was a bit of the gun a sling
    attachment point that was broken when it arrived!! so at that point I gave up!!! and said it was
    not worth the hassle! Finally they did a botched job on the downgrade and
    it fired at some very low and varying unreliable fps that was totally unsuitable
    for skirmishing.

~B

yea thanks for that.sounds like a pain but if i get it through an irish retailer will all them charges still apply?

any other info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

I think GoTac deal with redwolf, they had them listed on their old website anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I think Ireland is one of the few national airsoft communities that has this introspective mentality with retail... Plenty of others are happy to go to Hong Kong because its cheaper... usually far cheaper than buying domestically.

Redwolf... The best. One of the top three airsoft retailers in the world. Them, WGC, and Uncompany. Service? pretty much great. I admit, bullets got a short straw there, but the Ares .338 had leaky issues... and you shouldnt have needed to downgrade it if you ran it on 134, or, if you had it simply for plinking, it counts as an air rifle under irish law... not a 1j dealio iirc.

GBBwise, if you mean pistols.... Pretty much anything is fine. The only gbb that would hit over 1j, is an upgraded western arms, or some daft arse c02 nbb system in a few cases.
    I've yet to see a gbb over 1j in our climate (Uk and Eire), so downgrading shouldnt be an issue. Remember, HK Fps readings for gas guns, will always be 30-50fps higher than here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Firekitten wrote: »
    or, if you had it simply for plinking, it counts as an air rifle under irish law... not a 1j dealio iirc.

Which would still require a firearms license in the republic.... TBH you would be better off trying to license the RS:rolleyes:

I think bullets has one anyway :P

And no, I doubt you could get the real steel licenced in the UK or Eire... I know you CAN have them, but shooting them.... another matter. Thus, likelyhood of getting a licence granted is another matter. no uk range can support the .338, not sure if Eire has one either. (Bisley can take upto .308)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

I know unfortunately, what I was tying to say is you've as much likelihood of licensing a 338 as you have licensing an +1J airsoft rifle:)....

• Advertisement

so even if it says its over the power limit as long as you use the right gas it will be fine??

Depends how far, and on what gas. Use your head mostly.

if it says 1.23 billion fps, on a sigh, its going to be too hot.

if it says 340, 350, upto say 400 on green, its going to be under or at the Joule muzzle velocity at the lower temperatures of our environment.

Not sure on a rough c02 conversion, but ive known anything that reads upto 400 at HK atmospheric conditions will be fine and legal here. Naturally, if you're unsure, ask someone. if its upto 30 over, it will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Firekitten wrote: »
    no uk range can support the .338, not sure if Eire has one either. (Bisley can take upto .308)

A bit OT for airsoft but if your in the UK and into target shooting and are very RICH! 50 cal anyone ? :D
    Ye LUCKY sods! :-)
    http://www.fcsa.co.uk/

(DROOOOOOoooLLLLLL)

~B

Advertisement