Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for good price, Dj equipment any thought where to look?

Options
  • 21-06-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

So I want to get cdj's and and mixer. I used to use controllers like the numark omni control but now im looking to get cd's instead. I really like thepioneer cdj,s and Djm 350 with the features of the mp3,cd and usb but too expensive for now.. Was thinking of maybe going for a numark set or any decent one i like, any suggestions what ones and where to get them?

Keep in mind i would it to be able to hook up the laptop for to use traktor pro but if not its alll good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

So I want to get cdj's and and mixer. I used to use controllers like the numark omni control but now im looking to get cd's instead. I really like thepioneer cdj,s and Djm 350 with the features of the mp3,cd and usb but too expensive for now.. Was thinking of maybe going for a numark set or any decent one i like, any suggestions what ones and where to get them?

Keep in mind i would it to be able to hook up the laptop for to use traktor pro but if not its alll good.

Right your in a little bit of a jam to be honest.

If you want decks to work with a laptop you either need USB compatible decks (i.e. The CDJ400) that can link directly to a laptop, or you need midi decks, or you need to use timecode (So you'll need to invest in a good soundcard) As you can probably guess, none of them are exactly cheap options.

If you want to work with a laptop, get a controller. The M-Audio Xponent is a great controller and will let you progress rather well. In the upper end you have the Kontrol and the new DDJ-T1 / S1. The Xponent will set you back about €250/300 second hand. The DDJ is up in the €1000 range.

So you need to make a decision based on your budget, laptop and controller, or full blown decks. My recommendation given your budget constraints is a controller. Much more portable and less money down all told.

If you really want decks, I would recommend Denon or Pioneer. Numark, Gemini etc are all good decks but you will VERY quickly grow out of them. You can pick up a set of Pioneer CDJ400's for about €900 or less second hand. Pioneer stuff is never cheap as they hold their value well.

If you wanted to take another look, I have a set of Cortex HDTT5000's for sale on Adverts at the moment, have search for "Cortex HDTT 5000" (Full Details: http://www.cortex-pro.com/hdtt_5000.php) Mint, brand new condition and going for very little as I just need the cash at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

ironclaw wrote: »
    Right your in a little bit of a jam to be honest.

If you want decks to work with a laptop you either need USB compatible decks (i.e. The CDJ400) that can link directly to a laptop, or you need midi decks, or you need to use timecode (So you'll need to invest in a good soundcard) As you can probably guess, none of them are exactly cheap options.

If you want to work with a laptop, get a controller. The M-Audio Xponent is a great controller and will let you progress rather well. In the upper end you have the Kontrol and the new DDJ-T1 / S1. The Xponent will set you back about €250/300 second hand. The DDJ is up in the €1000 range.

So you need to make a decision based on your budget, laptop and controller, or full blown decks. My recommendation given your budget constraints is a controller. Much more portable and less money down all told.

If you really want decks, I would recommend Denon or Pioneer. Numark, Gemini etc are all good decks but you will VERY quickly grow out of them. You can pick up a set of Pioneer CDJ400's for about €900 or less second hand. Pioneer stuff is never cheap as they hold their value well.

If you wanted to take another look, I have a set of Cortex HDTT5000's for sale on Adverts at the moment, have search for "Cortex HDTT 5000" (Full Details: http://www.cortex-pro.com/hdtt_5000.php) Mint, brand new condition and going for very little as I just need the cash at the moment.

+1 for that. Better off playing the waiting game and getting a good set rather than going for the cheap option and quickly getting bored of it. BTW I wouldn't recommend the 350's. Not the best set Pioneer have produced.

CDJ 400'S are a great set for any beginner DJ's/Mobile DJ's. Really hold their value.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Whats wrong with 350's ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Whats wrong with 350's ?
    Not as sturdy as the 400's I found, and far too expensive on comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Digitalism wrote: »
    Not as sturdy as the 400's I found, and far too expensive on comparison.

Yeah the jog wheels seem very rigid and cheap, the actual build themselves aren't the best they seem very flimsy. Less effects, even though most people wouldn't bother still nice to have the option.

I have the 400 set up which I paid €1,900 for which is a good deal in my opinion. I'm delighted with them and don't think i'd replace them for any other set. Even though the 350's have rekordbox support and you can directly record your mixes onto USB i'd still prefer the 400's over them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Davey Eire

Selling pioneer cdj 2000 1200euro 8 months old

pioneer cdj 1000mk3 700euro year old

Bray
    Co.wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dylanlolwut

Davey Eire wrote: »
    Selling pioneer cdj 2000 1200euro 8 months old

pioneer cdj 1000mk3 700euro year old

Is it just one or both 2000 /1000's ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Davey Eire

1 x cdj 2000

1x cdj 1000mk3

Well you can hook up traktor to both cdj 2000 AND cdj 1000mk3 and it works fine,or rekord box which of course will only work with cdj 2000 which is connected with Lan cable.To be honest i was using rekord box with the 2000,as soon as i got traktor i got rid of rekord box completely !!!!

I both the CDJ 2000 for 1670 euro which was alot !!! the reason i am sell is because moving abroad to work very soon

Advertisement