Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Supermarket Wine Deals

Options
  • 21-06-2011 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭

Dunne's are holding a Mediterranean Food and Wine Sale at the moment.

I got:

Altos D' Oliva Gran Reserva 2004 - Amazing value at €6.99 worth a few bottles. Easy drinking smooth Spanish red.

Oristan Reserva 2007 - Also only €6.99 but pretty rubbish IMO - don't bother unless you like your wine to taste like it has vanilla and oak essence added!

Arroyo Crianza 08 Ribera Del Duero €10.99 and worth every penny - a classy crianza.

Crossos Priorat 08 - €10.99 Not tried this yet but it comes recommended and I've yet to taste a Priorat that I haven't liked.

Dous 2010 Albarino - €10.99 Not tried this either but Albarino is one of my favourite white grapes - again, yet to have a bad one.

Burchino Chianti Superiore 2008 - Not tried this but it also came highly recommended.

There are loads of wines for under €10 there but I'm slow to buy wines that haven't been recommended or I haven't tasted.

Note that some of the smaller Dunne's don't have a big selection of this promotion eg neither of the Cork City Centre Dunne's have all of these wines - I had to go to Douglas.

I'll update as I try these wines.
    Tagged:

Comments

Burchino Chianti Superiore 2008 - Not tried this but it also came highly recommended.

Had a bottle of that last Saturday, it is very good indeed. Also tried the Manoir Grignon chardonnay. I'm not crazy about chardonnay but I thought it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tried the Crossos Priorat.
    It's good - worth the money, easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sourgrapes

Added to the mix are three of Laurent Miquel's wines in Dunnes. Down to €12.99 and not too shabby.

Attached the bottle shot below.

Similar wines from Laurent Miquel are also available in Tesco under the "Heritage Vineyards", down to €7.99.

Also in Tesco, I'd recommend Montes Alpha Cabernet - down to €10 from €20 - a genuine offer on one of Chile's first premium wines.

Lar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

La Croisade Cabernet Syrah is €42 for a case of 6 in Superquinn.
    Very drinkable and very useful to buy a case of 6 and have for "emergencies"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Superquinn started an offer today which has 100 different wines all priced at €5 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

KJ wrote: »
    Superquinn started an offer today which has 100 different wines all priced at €5 each.

Spotted this today as well. Seems to be some great value there. Wouldn't say it will last too long though. Bottles were literally flying off the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭macuser56

The wine critic for Food and Wine magazine has a site which lists recommended wines, including many good value wines in supermarkets:
    www.blakeonwine.com

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stauntj

that oristan is delcious infact im half hammered typing this.
    Dunne's are holding a Mediterranean Food and Wine Sale at the moment.

I got:

Altos D' Oliva Gran Reserva 2004 - Amazing value at €6.99 worth a few bottles. Easy drinking smooth Spanish red.

Oristan Reserva 2007 - Also only €6.99 but pretty rubbish IMO - don't bother unless you like your wine to taste like it has vanilla and oak essence added!

Arroyo Crianza 08 Ribera Del Duero €10.99 and worth every penny - a classy crianza.

Crossos Priorat 08 - €10.99 Not tried this yet but it comes recommended and I've yet to taste a Priorat that I haven't liked.

Dous 2010 Albarino - €10.99 Not tried this either but Albarino is one of my favourite white grapes - again, yet to have a bad one.

There are loads of wines for under €10 there but I'm slow to buy wines that haven't been recommended or I haven't tasted.

Note that some of the smaller Dunne's don't have a big selection of this promotion eg neither of the Cork City Centre Dunne's have all of these wines - I had to go to Douglas.

I'll update as I try these wines.

Advertisement