Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiat Ducato Manuals

Options
  • 21-06-2011 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for a Fiat Ducato 2.8 i.d.t.d engine and if possible manuals for a Euramobil 585.

Collecting mine tommorrow and would like to read up on it so I can do minor repairs etc... when/if they arise.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for a Fiat Ducato 2.8 i.d.t.d engine and if possible manuals for a Euramobil 585.

Collecting mine tommorrow and would like to read up on it so I can do minor repairs etc... when/if they arise.

Cheers

You could try contacting Euramobil directly info(at)euramobil.de

They may or may not help. I have found Hobby very helpful in the past for the same type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Hi

Cheers

You can buy the Ducato manuals online. You can find the parts catalogue for the Ducato here: http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi?COUNTRY=014&SBMK=T&DRIVE=D&MAKE=F&COMM_MODEL=D94&ALL_FIG=0&LANGUAGE=3&PREVIOUS_KEY=HOME&NEW_HTTP=TRUE&ALL_LIST_PART=0&SB_CODE=-1&KEY=VERSION&PRINT_MODE=0&EPER_CAT=SP&GUI_LANG=3&WINDOW_ID=1

Most of the manuals for accessories can be found on the manufacturers websites as a free download e.g. Truma, Thetford etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HereAndThere

Cheers Lads

Have emailed euramobil.

Saw a campervan/caravan motoring book in Halfords.

Think the make was Haydes?

Any use ? Worth a read ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Cheers Lads

Have emailed euramobil.

Saw a campervan/caravan motoring book in Halfords.

Think the make was Haydes?

Any use ? Worth a read ?

Haynes. They probably have a Ducato manual too. Would be worth a read for sure.

Cheers

Haynes sorry not "Haydes".

Will give them a look so.

Thanks for your help - the fiat forum looks useful with detailed diagrams.

Where do I check the version of the engine? RF101 or Plate under the bonnet?

So I know which engine to look at - see attached image?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Haynes don't do one and the russek one is a joke.

The iveco engine manual can be found online and is very detailed.

The DTE manual for the 2.8jtd engine is available at www.fiatforum.com/ducato at the top click downloads you might get some useful info from this as body, gearbox, hibs, axles etc are largely the same also the more basic wiring lights etc should be the same.

You can also try the citroen manuals you can buy a set of two dvds on ebay for under a tenner.

Cheers PaddyP

I actually have the manual, when I checked the MH they were there.

I emailed EuraMobil and they sent me back the Brochure from 1999.

Its in german but can use google to translate the important bits.

My MH is a Euramobil 585 KB, there are also some other models in the brochure so I have attached in case anyone else wants to browse through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Cheers

That image shows the 'type' of van. No connection with engine size. Post the full chassis number and I'll give you all the details you need.

Cheers

If you look at the plate under the bonnet an post the vin I can let you know which engine and front chassis you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

The 230 chassis should sort you out . And the 2.5 and 2.8 are practically the same and are very straightforward to work on . Post any questions here and some of our many experts will be happy to help .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

fecking hell. My brother mentioned the other day that he was asked a question once and he only knew the answer because he had a few beers on him at the time.

I've had one or two and its just occurred to me. I have autodata up until 2007, which covers all vans and cars until then, so if you want timing belt info etc.... give me a shout. I might have something for you.... then again maybe not.

What year is the van you have?

Cheers Lads

Its a 1999 Fiat Ducato 14. It the 2.8 i.d.t.d version.

I think this is the one.

http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi?COUNTRY=014&SBMK=T&DRIVE=D&MAKE=F&COMM_MODEL=D94&CAT_COD=PD&MOD_COD=231&ALL_FIG=0&LANGUAGE=3&PREVIOUS_KEY=VERSION&NEW_HTTP=TRUE&ALL_LIST_PART=0&SB_CODE=-1&KEY=GROUP&PRINT_MODE=0&EPER_CAT=SP&GUI_LANG=3&WINDOW_ID=1

Changed the reversing light yesterday and noticed that the rear light housing nearside had a crack where water got in. I sealed it up and repaired the seal.

Do you wreckon this type of thing would fail the DOE next year?

I've had one or two and its just occurred to me. I have autodata up until 2007, which covers all vans and cars until then, so if you want timing belt info etc.... give me a shout. I might have something for you.... then again maybe not.

What year is the van you have?
    I reckon I have that info , stored in my head... AutoData's not always right!

Cheers Lads

Its a 1999 Fiat Ducato 14. It the 2.8 i.d.t.d version.

I think this is the one.

http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi?COUNTRY=014&SBMK=T&DRIVE=D&MAKE=F&COMM_MODEL=D94&CAT_COD=PD&MOD_COD=231&ALL_FIG=0&LANGUAGE=3&PREVIOUS_KEY=VERSION&NEW_HTTP=TRUE&ALL_LIST_PART=0&SB_CODE=-1&KEY=GROUP&PRINT_MODE=0&EPER_CAT=SP&GUI_LANG=3&WINDOW_ID=1

Changed the reversing light yesterday and noticed that the rear light housing nearside had a crack where water got in. I sealed it up and repaired the seal.

Do you wreckon this type of thing would fail the DOE next year?
    if it's a minor crack , and clean looking , probably not tbh.

re the EPR , well yes , yours is a 94-02 model , 94 to about late 97 , early 98 were 2.5 , and from then to about early 2001 were your engine ,then the last of them were common rail diesel,aka JTD

Timing belt on yours is a 2-2.5 hr job , Gates number 5495XS .
    a 2.5 non turbo is 5334xs , as is a 2.8 JTD . a 2.5 TD is 5335xs. I don't know the numbers of the 1.9 of the top of my head , sorry...

Cheers for the info lads - timing belt is fine though as it was done at 126,000KM, and she now has 136,000KM on the clock.

Its every 100,000KM for timing belt correct?

I just wanna get a - everything is ok check - done? Cooling System, Filters, Gaskets, Hoses etc...

Thanks

Cheers for the info lads - timing belt is fine though as it was done at 126,000KM, and she now has 136,000KM on the clock.

Its every 100,000KM for timing belt correct?

I just wanna get a - everything is ok check - done? Cooling System, Filters, Gaskets, Hoses etc...

Thanks

Every 5 years or 72,000 miles. And check at 36,000.

Regardless of whether its been changed make sure to check it.

I'd probably change the oil in the gearbox, most have nowhere to check the level so you drain completely and refill. The recommended refill is more than the original fill to ensure adequate lubrication of the 5th gear which is stuck onto the outside of the gearbox. There are details over on the fiat forum.

paddyp wrote: »

I'd probably change the oil in the gearbox, most have nowhere to check the level so you drain completely and refill.

that's just the 2002-2006 models , the 1994 up to 2001 all have either a level-stud on the RHS of the diff housing opened with either a 21mm spanner or a square bit similar to a Peugeot sump stud tool , or a Dipstick on the front of the gearbox case.

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    that's just the 2002-2006 models , the 1994 up to 2001 all have either a level-stud on the RHS of the diff housing opened with either a 21mm spanner or a square bit similar to a Peugeot sump stud tool , or a Dipstick on the front of the gearbox case.

Cheers, couldn't find either on the 96 2.5td here it had a recon box in 2008 though so maybe its a later one. Or more lightly the levelstud is cleverly disguised as a lump of cow ****e from the farm next door. I'll have to get out the wire brush.

[edit] I just checked eper and the 2.5 td box shows a dipstick so the one here must be an oddity.
    The 2.8 idtd gearbox from 2001 shows the level plug but don't see it on the 98-2001 box.[/edit]

look for a black topped dipstick on the front of the box , easily missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

Has anyone seen a 2007-2.3 Multijet workshop manual anywhere as the ones on fleabay are for earlier models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

John Dough wrote: »
    Has anyone seen a 2007-2.3 Multijet workshop manual anywhere as the ones on fleabay are for earlier models.

Enginewise all the procedures should be identical the engine is just a revision of the old one. You can buy the manual on cd from fiat for something like €124 + VAT I think I have found a source for it though.

• Advertisement

Good let us know please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Its the megaupload link on this page: http://forum.camperonline.it/topic.asp?whichpage=0.55&TOPIC_ID=141434&

You wouldn't believe how much searching that took, its an iso of the elearn manual. You need to install it on windows (xp, vista, 7)

You can mount the disk image with magiciso to save burning it to a cd.
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_magiciso/

Personally I find the fiat elearn format annoying if it just the engine you're looking at theres a pdf of the iveco engine manual that covers the 2.3jtd thats much better all tightening torques etc.

Cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

Hi all
    Just reading this thread and if I may go back to the earlier part re the level on the 96 2500td gearbox which is what I also have.I have searched for dipstick to no avail and what looks like level plug does not work as such.reading the manual indicates that you just put in a measured amount but I would be much happier to know the level was right.
    If anyone is sure about the level plug or dipstick I would be very glad to hear from them.
    yours zambo
    ps was in motorfactor and they recommend 10-40 fully synthetic for this engine.anyone agree disagree?

the dipstick is prob on the front , not the rear , easily missed as it's small and short . or else it'd be a level stud , opened with a 21mm spanner , on the RHS of the diff housing . 10w40 is 100% fine on that engine .

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

Hi
    thanks for the reply,there is no dipstick that I can find but if memory serves(its some months since I looked)there is a bump on the casting that looks as if it was for a dipstick ,hope to have a look at the camper in the next few weeks and will see if I can see any level hole.Anyone got photo or diagram of gearbox?
    yours Zambo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 7upIsLemonade

Hi all,

Wondering if someone could help? Where would I find the filler point for the gearbox oil on a Ducato multi jet 120?

I use the speedo hole .

Advertisement