Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual flowcharts

Options
  • 21-06-2011 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We design/implement mobile sites/apps. I'm looking for a tool that would allow us map out a visual flow of the product for customers - visual in the sense that it would contain actual screen shots of the pages as opposed to just the boxes with text you'd get in a traditional flow chart.

Something like this but for mobile app/site pages as opposed to DVD
    flow_chart.jpg

Anybody know of a tool that does this well? Sure we could do it in Visio but I wanted to see if there is anything that does it really well (ideally easy to update/manage). Bonus points if it exports to a slick, clickable HTML file.

PS - we're looking for a mobile designer probably freelance. If anybody is interested pop me a PM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Hi PMan, I dont know of anything off hand that does exactly what you want but it should be easy enough to achive it in a roundabout way.

You could just run an automatic site map generator on the project root directory to create a map similar to the above in text format. http://enarion.net/tools/phpsitemapng/ should do nicely.

Once you're happy with the output of the above you could integrate something like CutyCapt to generate thumbnails of each page dynamically and replace the text links with these thumbnails.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Ended up grabbing the shots and using Lucidchart to do the flow manually.
    Close enough.

The auto sitemap generators are only really useful where the site is static enough i.e. our sites would have lots of forms that need to be set out.

Advertisement