Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Classes for Undergraduate Student

Options
  • 21-06-2011 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am undergrad student currently studying Irish but I feel that I need a little extra help/better classes to improve my Irish enough to ensure I get a decent degree.
    I'm looking for classes that would be of a high standard but cover the basics aswell, preferably at night and needs to be in the Dublin area.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,071 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Since boards.ie doesn't provide language services, moved from N&F.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

UCD BNAG offer free classes to students/lecturers, im not sure if people outside UCD can show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭deirdremf

I am undergrad student currently studying Irish but I feel that I need a little extra help/better classes to improve my Irish enough to ensure I get a decent degree.
    I'm looking for classes that would be of a high standard but cover the basics aswell, preferably at night and needs to be in the Dublin area.
    Má tá an Ghaeilge á déanamh agat ar an ollscoil, ba chóir go mbeadh roinnt mhaith agat cheana.
    Téigh amach agus labhair í - sin an chaoi is fearr chun teanga a fheabhsú.
    Bain triail as Club an Chonradh (6 Sr Fhearchair) nó ciorcal comhrá i leabharlann nó i dteach ósta eicínt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 watdub

i took an irish course at GaelLinn on Dame Street which I found to be brilliant. I am actually thinking of taking another more advanced class with them. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mr_november

Bheadh sé údáideach a bheith a fhios againn cá bhfuil tú suite in Éirinn nó cén ollscoil ar a bhfuil tú ag freastail?

Ach mar a dúirt duine cheana, labhair í. Is féidir leat í a labhairt le daoine eile i do rang ar aon nós. Ina theannta sin déan iarraidh a bheith ag smaoineamh trí Ghaeilge ó am go h-am. Ceapaim go gcabhraíonn sin le do chuid Ghaeilge labhartha mar éiríonn tú níos tapúla Dia ar nDia...

I ndeireadh na dála, ní dóigh liom go mbeadh ranganna an-úsáideach duit má tá tú ag lorg céim maith. Cinnte bheadh siad go maith chun na rialacha gramadaí a fháil ach ceapaim go gcaithfidh tú féin formhór an obair a dhéanamh. Déan iarraidh leabhair a léamh agus do fhoclóir a fhairsingiú. Má tá ríomhaire glúine agat, ceannaigh an foclóir Wingléacht CD-Rom...tá sé go hiontach agus i bhfad níos éasca a úsáid ná an leabhar. http://www.schoolbooks.ie/164978-WinGleacht+CD-ROM+An+Gum+School+Book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

See what www.gaelchultur.com have on, usually lots during the summer. Gaelchultúr are in Temple Bar and run brilliant classes. They have a better reputation than Conradh na Gaeilge or Gael Linn, probably because it's a private company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Which Uni do you go to? Most of the (Larger) ones in Dublin will have free Irish classes for students, as well as that, they will have a Cumann Gaelach that you can join. That would give you the opportunity to use your Irish frequently outside class, and they should know more about classes suitable for students in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭deirdremf

pog it wrote: »
    See what www.gaelchultur.com have on, usually lots during the summer. Gaelchultúr are in Temple Bar and run brilliant classes. They have a better reputation than Conradh na Gaeilge or Gael Linn, probably because it's a private company.
    Which Uni do you go to? Most of the (Larger) ones in Dublin will have free Irish classes for students, as well as that, they will have a Cumann Gaelach that you can join. That would give you the opportunity to use your Irish frequently outside class, and they should know more about classes suitable for students in the area.
    Is léir go bhfuil Gaeilge ag quietlycurious.
    Má fhreagraíonn muid é/í as Gaeilge, beidh muid ag cuidiú leis/léi an Ghaeilge a chleachtadh!!!
    Ar ndóidh, b'fhiú dó/di an cheist a chur trí Ghaeilge, freisin!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mr_november

deirdremf wrote: »
    Is léir go bhfuil Gaeilge ag quietlycurious.
    Má fhreagraíonn muid é/í as Gaeilge, beidh muid ag cuidiú leis/léi an Ghaeilge a chleachtadh!!!
    Ar ndóidh, b'fhiú dó/di an cheist a chur trí Ghaeilge, freisin!

Aontaím leat anseo. Tugann Boards seans do dhaoine úsáid phracticiúil a bhaint as a gcuid Gaeilge, i gcodarsnacht lena bheith ag scríobh faoi ábhair leadránach ar scoil. Sin an fáth amháin a d'fhreagair mé thuas fiú nach raibh mé ábalta a lán cabhair a thabhairt! :o

Advertisement