Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop not charging

Options
  • 21-06-2011 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

I am wondering if anyone can advice me what to do next.i can not seem to charge up my laptop..i have it plugged in at the moment but the plug symbol is not been shown and it is not charging...i am wondering if it could be the jack or the cord...as they green light is showing in the adaptor but not on the computer when jack is plugged in......any bit of advice what to do next...i just brought a new battery 2 months....this is a Dell inspiration 6400 laptop..4 years old....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Is it running off the mains or off the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

Had the same prob a few months ago with my HP laptop. Turned out the charger was knackered. Went on Ebay and got a replacement charger for abot €15.

If you know someone with a Dell laptop see if their charger works on your laptop - just to be sure that it is the charger that's causing the prob.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Thanks for yer response.....I have ordered a charger today got one cheap from Amazon for less than €10...so i hope that will be the answer....Duffff Man it was running on Battery but then it needed a recharge and i noticed they was no power going from |Jack to computer but they is power in the charger//( wee green light shows)....praying it is not the mother board or what ever they call it....

Best of luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭mr1percent

be carefull of the really cheap,non branded chargers of Amazon!!! The build quality can be very low and you can end up toasting your lappy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Thanks for yer response.....I have ordered a charger today got one cheap from Amazon for less than €10...so i hope that will be the answer....Duffff Man it was running on Battery but then it needed a recharge and i noticed they was no power going from |Jack to computer but they is power in the charger//( wee green light shows)....praying it is not the mother board or what ever they call it....

Hopefully it's just the charger. Usually though the green light wouldn't be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Thankfully was the charger...so replaced old with new , and hope for the best now...thank you to everyone for all the response...

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

@Kitty How are you getting on with new charger? Any problems? Can you post the link on Amazon please?

I'm having the same problem with my Inspiron 6400. Charger powering the laptop but not charging the battery. Will have to get a new charger because if it packs in fully i'm screwed...

Sounds like the battery to me - From what you are saying the charger is sending a curent to the laptop and it is running off this power BUt is not charging the battery (If I'm reading you correct).

Amazon link for replacement battery - http://www.amazon.co.uk/6600mAh-Replacement-Dell-Inspiron-Latitude/dp/B004FKHU7M/ref=sr_1_8?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1309703441&sr=1-8

OR EBay http://cgi.ebay.ie/Battery-Dell-Inspiron-6400-Inspiron-E1505-laptop-/180570924935?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopsAccessories_LaptopBatteries&hash=item2a0adda787

Advertisement