Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing Style Face-Off.

Options
  • 20-06-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Does anybody think something like this would be great hype for fights ?

incase i did that wrong...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lDZhnxAwS0

I like boxing, but i would get bored watching it sometimes. I must not have the patience for it even though i appreciate the "sweet science".

However, this has made me want to see this fight in it's entirety already. Great hype.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Just copy everything after the = and put it in between youtube tags.

Yeah I think its great to build up the hype of the fight. It would be good craic if they brought it into MMA aswell.

Edit: Just as a side note, I think Klitschko would make a great Bond villain!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Great prommo. Yeah I thing prommos like that would get fans excited about most fights, however I'd hate one go to the level of Ortiz and Shamrock on their season of TUF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Jesus Haye comes across badly, absolutely detestable. Wlad always comes across very classy, I think he has Haye's number this time, he has not been in with the opposition as Heavyweight, this will be too much of a step up for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

This is a great promo. Really great idea by whoever came up with it!

Vlad looked really mean. He's confident and cam across really well.

Haye is a clown. He's talking and talking, everything Vlad says! He turned away a man's hand which is a pretty **** thing for another man to do.

As much as the Klitchko's bore me to death inside the ring, I'd love to see Haye get smashed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hennessy88

Vlad is pretty intelligent and Haye has the charisma to make this work here, but can't imagine it having the same effect with many other fighters regardless of code. Really looking forward to this!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Hennessy88 wrote: »
    Vlad is pretty intelligent and Haye has the charisma to make this work here, but can't imagine it having the same effect with many other fighters regardless of code. Really looking forward to this!!

Agreed I think it works really well but only in certain circumstances - I mean you could apply it to Football captains or sprinters or MMA fighters if done but it really depends on who is talking.

They do that with all the big fights. Face Off or something. I liked the Hopkins-Pascal one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Agreed I think it works really well but only in certain circumstances - I mean you could apply it to Football captains or sprinters or MMA fighters if done but it really depends on who is talking.

Athlete A : I am going to run faster than you
    Athlete B : No, You won't.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Athlete A : I am going to run faster than you
    Athlete B : No, You won't.

:D

LOL all right that was a terrible example but the 100 metres is a unique test of.....erm speed...that I... yeah I can't salvage this one :D:D:D

Advertisement