Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths exams in colleges for course minimum requirements?

Options
  • 20-06-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Someone mentioned that some colleges hold exams for people to re-sit subjects like Maths if they reach point requirements but don't make the required grade.

Just wondering if anyone else knew any information about this? If its true or what colleges do it etc?

Thanks a mill! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 john1741

Im certain the NUIs let you do that, not sure about any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

john1741 wrote: »
    Im certain the NUIs let you do that, not sure about any others.

May that include NUI Maynooth?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

karaokeman wrote: »
    May that include NUI Maynooth?
    They do for engineering anyway ...

I'm not sure if there's a list of those who do and don't, if anyone knows of one they might stick it up.

Otherwise, it probably means checking the website of your likely college (and maybe being nice enough to report back!).

Generally, the section for the Admissions Office is where you are likely to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Whatsername92

They do for engineering anyway ...

I'm not sure if there's a list of those who do and don't, if anyone knows of one they might stick it up.

Otherwise, it probably means checking the website of your likely college (and maybe being nice enough to report back!).

Generally, the section for the Admissions Office is where you are likely to find it.
    Okie dokie! I'll have a look at the websites and will let ye know if I find anything out so! Thanks guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Someone mentioned that some colleges hold exams for people to re-sit subjects like Maths if they reach point requirements but don't make the required grade.

Just wondering if anyone else knew any information about this? If its true or what colleges do it etc?

Thanks a mill! :)

Here's a few more:
    DIT
    CIT
    UL
    NUIG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭crayon1

Is it just for engineering courses or is it for all courses? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

crayon1 wrote: »
    Is it just for engineering courses or is it for all courses? :confused:
    Engineering and Science if I remember correctly. I'm sure if you ask to sit the exam, it would count towards other courses.

Advertisement