Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design sites

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kdaly100

Both of these are custom Wordpress themes from a quick glance at the code. If you are on tight budget why not consider using a premium theme and customising this to your needs. The end result can look very well without sacrificing too much of your original design needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I don't know anything about coding though which is why I was thinking of ordering from a design site.

I also need a graphic header/layout for the site/blog and I'm no good at graphic design so would need that to be made as well.

Themeforest, Elegenatthemes have some nice themes to work from and I have usedthem fro clients on budgets in the past and they have been happy with them. You didn't mention if you wanted it to be a CMS or not.

On logo this is a slightly different matter as it depends on whether you want an all singing dancing logo / colour scheme or some simple text in a nice header.

You can pay a pretty penny for a logo / header but if you just want something quick in photoshop then it can be less pricey.

kdaly100 wrote: »
    Themeforest, Elegenatthemes have some nice themes to work from and I have usedthem fro clients on budgets in the past and they have been happy with them. You didn't mention if you wanted it to be a CMS or not.

On logo this is a slightly different matter as it depends on whether you want an all singing dancing logo / colour scheme or some simple text in a nice header.

You can pay a pretty penny for a logo / header but if you just want something quick in photoshop then it can be less pricey.
    What is CMS?

All I want is a simple layout, logo/header, nothing that moves/changes/dances etc, just something plain and simple.

I need the layout to be coded.

How much roughly would I be looking at?

Currently I am hosted by blogspot (and I want to stay with them).

Sorry a CMS is a content management system. There are many different types bu basically the yall you edit your content in a WYSIWYG What You See Is What You Get á la Word and make it a bit easier to keep your content up to date.

• Advertisement

kdaly100 wrote: »
    Sorry a CMS is a content management system. There are many different types bu basically the yall you edit your content in a WYSIWYG What You See Is What You Get á la Word and make it a bit easier to keep your content up to date.
    Thank you.

And how much roughly would it cost for custom coding, logo/header/layout and CMS and WYSIWYG?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Thank you.

And how much roughly would it cost for custom coding, logo/header/layout and CMS and WYSIWYG?

CMS are built around the concept of WYSIWYG. If you have ever used Wordpress then you will have an idea of what a CMS is.

I'm not exactly sure about prices. But you can get custom themes (the look and the feel of your site) for maybe €30 and up. (Example site.) If you want something unique then that will require someone to do it for you from scratch. This costs more for obvious reasons (it's a unique design tailored to your needs).

You would have to be quite explicit in what you require before anyone gives you an accurate price. It might also be worth your while getting a e graphic designer to do the logo and a web designer to do your site.

CMS are built around the concept of WYSIWYG. If you have ever used Wordpress then you will have an idea of what a CMS is.

I'm not exactly sure about prices. But you can get custom themes (the look and the feel of your site) for maybe €30 and up. (Example site.) If you want something unique then that will require someone to do it for you from scratch. This costs more for obvious reasons (it's a unique design tailored to your needs).

You would have to be quite explicit in what you require before anyone gives you an accurate price. It might also be worth your while getting a e graphic designer to do the logo and a web designer to do your site.
    Thanks, I have used Wordpress before so I know how to use it etc.

€30 isn't too bad, about what I was expecting to pay. How much roughly would it cost to have it done from scratch?

I am looking for a simple (non moving/flash) header/logo, layout, coding etc.

Advertisement