Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former 1Up editor, Jeff Green to appear on Irish gaming podcast.

Options
  • 20-06-2011 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Howya,

This is Lee from the GMR FM podcast. We're lucky enough to have former CGW/GFW/1UP editor, now Director of PopCap games, Jeff Green as our guest on tomorrows show.

If any of you have any questions you'd like answered by him, please leave them below and we'll get him to answer a few during the show.

Thanks to Mr. E for allowing us to post here.

Lee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Sweet ill be tuning in best of luck with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,871 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any chance you'd be asking much about his time at 1up? Wouldn't mind hearing some stories about some of the earlier 1up staffers particularly legends like Luke Smith and Shane Battenhausen.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭feckhead

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Any chance you'd be asking much about his time at 1up? Wouldn't mind hearing some stories about some of the earlier 1up staffers particularly legends like Luke Smith and Shane Battenhausen.

Absolutely. Well, we'll see before hand if he wants to, but knowing him it won't be a problem. But I'm definitely interested in asking him about his time there as well.

Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Ask him for tips on how to review a game ;)

Just messing.

Magill wrote: »
    Ask him for tips on how to review a game ;)

Just messing.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ask him about the issues of publishers leaning on reviewers for favourable reviews, whether it be through ad revenue or trips and gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Ask him how his novel is coming along. I've heard him talk about it on a couple of podcasts and the idea of it is pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

Ask him does he like lollipops or bunburgers better?

Podcast is up. All your questions answered!

Link

Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Man that was a long podcast (trying to outbomb the bombcast?) :)
    Great job though, I really enjoyed it.
    It was my first time listening to gmrfm, so you have a new fan.

If I was to give some constructive criticism, can you scrap that really faint trance track from the background? It's really ****ing annoying.... :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Strange hearing phrases like "Deadly 'n all" in a podcast.

Mr E wrote: »
    Man that was a long podcast (trying to outbomb the bombcast?) :)
    Great job though, I really enjoyed it.
    It was my first time listening to gmrfm, so you have a new fan.

If I was to give some constructive criticism, can you scrap that really faint trance track from the background? It's really ****ing annoying.... :pac::pac:

Yeah that was there due to a combination of us not having sound proofed the studio yet, recording next to a man road and me being so tired I couldn't find better music :). It'll be gone once we sound proof the place.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Glad you enjoyed the show :D

Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

I never heard of ye before, but after listening to this podcast I am interested to hear more and read a few articles on your site.

Great podcast by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

boiledeggs wrote: »
    I never heard of ye before, but after listening to this podcast I am interested to hear more and read a few articles on your site.

Great podcast by the way.

Same here, really nice show and nice to hear some Irish accents in what's a very knowledgable and entertaining podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Nice 'cast, guys. Wouldn't have expected a little known Irish podcast to suddenly have Jeff Green guesting. That was quite a coup, he's a great representative for gamers to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Fnz wrote: »
    Nice 'cast, guys. Wouldn't have expected a little known Irish podcast to suddenly have Jeff Green guesting. That was quite a coup, he's a great representative for gamers to have.

Little known? they were number 1 on iTunes.
    Great podcast, nice variation between serious gaming chat and humour and the fact that they can't stay on topic just adds to it.

pdbhp wrote: »
    they were number 1 on iTunes.

Fighting the urge to say "they were in me sac!" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Fnz wrote: »
    Fighting the urge to say "they were in me sac!" ;)

Well they can't always be number 1 wouldn't be fair on everyone else.
    Still a good podcast though I listen to it in wors where I have the necessary 2 hours to listen to blokes waffle about games

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,871 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only got around to listening to this podcast now. Great show guys and thanks for asking my question. You have a new fan who'll be listening in, was a really entertaining show.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Only got around to listening to this podcast now. Great show guys and thanks for asking my question. You have a new fan who'll be listening in, was a really entertaining show.

No Problem at all. I think we all wanted to hear some stories about his time at 1UP and he was more than happy to talk about his days there. Genuinely great guy and I think we all learned a lot from him.

Anyway thanks for listening. We really appreciate the support we get.

Also, I suppose we better announce it here as well. We just confirmed yesterday that we'll be getting our own TV show on a local channel. We'll reveal more in late August, but expect the show to begin in October when the channel re-launches. So hopefully some of you will tune in. We'll also have HD streams available on the site shortly after airing.

Unfortunately that's all I can say for now, but our goal is to make something we'd like to watch and not be insulted by, like nearly all game related shows in the past.

• Advertisement

My only advise is to watch sadly defunct consolevania and take lots of inspiration :)

Do you guys had a podcast rss feed (outside of iTunes)? I might have listened beyond the Jeff Green episode if I could just add it to my list of subscriptions.

Yep our RSS feed is http://feeds.feedburner.com/GmrfmPodcast

I'll add the link on the site ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Awesome news on the TV show best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'll give this a listen over the weekend. I see Jeff is back working for EA now. He won't like that Father.

Thanks for the suggestions and well wishes.Very much appreciated. Everything is taken on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Pretty good stuff actually, I'll keep listening. Hard to hear some of you on the Jeff episode though.

Advertisement