Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with SMS texting facility on landline

Options
  • 20-06-2011 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Looking for a bit of help please!

A while back, I was getting nuisance calls to my landline from an automated number, 08183651350. After a bit of research, I discovered it was an Eircom SMS centre number. Although I am a customer of Imagine, I had to ring up Eircom to ask them to deactivate something on my landline to stop the nuisance calls. However, following a false house alarm last week, I have now discovered that the texting service on my landline (where the alarm system notifies my mobile by text if it was going off) no longer works.

The alarm company have checked and even replaced a part on the alarm system in case of a fault there, but they and I are convinced the problem is something to do with a lack of an SMS facility on my landline.

I have rang Iamagine and Eircom about this and both are unwilling or unable to help - basically, they don't seem to have a clue.

I have programmed in the SMS centre numbers into my landline hanset, i.e.:

Outgoing 17409900
    Incoming 0818365135

Following a bit of research on boards.ie, I have also rang the first number from my landline as recommended and heard a 'beep', followed by a disconnection, but I still cannot send an SMS from my landline.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this one???

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭alanc

I am also having a similar problem with eircom, my house alarm phone dialer will send text messages to o2 and vodafone numbers but not to my own three.ie number. Eircom say it is not there problem and three.ie say the same. Any ideas or a solution would be appreciated. Dont want to have to change to a gsm phone dialer.

AL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

alanc wrote: »
    I am also having a similar problem with eircom, my house alarm phone dialer will send text messages to o2 and vodafone numbers but not to my own three.ie number. Eircom say it is not there problem and three.ie say the same. Any ideas or a solution would be appreciated. Dont want to have to change to a gsm phone dialer.

AL.
    This is yet another downside of being a Three customer!

It's nothing to do with alarm/text dialler settings.I discovered last year when a few of my family members were adding our mobile numbers to our parents text dialler that Three don't have a contract with Eircom, so texts cannot be sent from an Eircom line to the Three network.

Thats what i was afraid of. Three say that it is the responsibility of the company sending the text message (Eircom) to make sure it gets there. Eircom say that it is not their problem and that there is nothing they can do. Apart from a gsm dialer I thought someone might have a work around.

AL.

Can any eircom or three reps on here help me out or comment on this????

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

alanc wrote: »
    Can any eircom or three reps on here help me out or comment on this????
    There are separate "Talk to..." forums for both Three and eircom with reps from both companies.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1293

Might be best to repost there.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Alun, just posted a few messages:)

AL.

Advertisement