Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to Begin Job Searchs in Europe in the Media/PR/Communications fields

Options
  • 20-06-2011 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Have a sister in NZ FINALLY thinking of coming to Ireland/Britian/Europe.

She was asking me about where online she could start looking for job opportunities. She works in Media/PR/Communications in the subfields of Public Relations Coordinator or Manager / Events Manager. She has about 6-8 years post Uni Experience.

Where would folks suggest she starts looking for work in these areas?

I unfortunatly know nothing about her area of interest so wouldnt know where to suggest to her.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

You're not the first person to ask about work in this field in Ireland - these prior questions have received very few replies largely due to the shortage of positions here.
    Anyone moving to Ireland needs their head examined at this time , the job situation is dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Hi Delancey,

Thanks for your response. I think she is looking at the greater Europe options. I just want her in Ireland because Im here! (And about 100 cousins, aunts and uncles!)

She is only in her early 20s and is interested in the travel for a few years as oppossed to settling down here. I think its also a case of the job she is in back home not being fullfilling enough anymore (shes been in the post about 4years) and things are getting very tight over there too with government cutbacks, recession, earthquakes etc. She has also been learning spanish and spent 6months travelling south america on her own and wants to expand on her language skills.

I had tried a search on boards but must have been using the wrong key phrases. Could you suggest any websites? Back in NZ they would use a site called www.trademe.co.nz or an Australian/NZ site called www.seek.co.nz to start job/agency searches.

Thanks
    KP

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Maglight

Check out this site for links to the market leading job boards in each country http://www.the-network.com/content/en/network_members/

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Hi Maglight,
    Thanks for the link. Never heard of them before. Will be a handy starting place for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

http://www.prii.ie/show_jobs.aspx are where most PR and Comms jobs are advertised, your friend has alot of experience so it may not be so difficult for her if she does plenty of research on the current media landscape in Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement