Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Garage to look for an Old Landcruiser (97-01)

Options
  • 20-06-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to buy an old Landcruiser (97-01) LWB Commercial. I am looking to trade in a Corolla 2L D4D Car Van against it and would like to get something from a garage to get a 6 month warranty etc also will mean I wont have a period with no car while I sell mine and find another.

Looking on Done Deal etc I can see absolutely loads of old Landcruisers for sale for all different prices but I obviously need cash to buy them as they are all private. Looking on CarZone there is very little option and some of them are going for stupid money,

I am sure there are lots of garages out there that would landcruisers for sale but I just cant seem to find them,

Anyone have any recommendations for me where to look out for one???

Other than that ill just sell it on done deal, cycle to work for a few days and look out on done deal for a nice machine,

Anyone any advice??

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭LCruiser Kid

Isn't there a 4x4 dealer in Wexford who usuall has a good stock of 4x4's. Mabye he'd have what your looking for. Dennis Burton I think. Not sure, mabye someone will correct me on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ste2006

cool,

Ill google him soon and see what i can come up with

Any more ideas from anyone please let me know,

I dont mind travelling around to pick up just the right machine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Try Cahir 4x4, think they have a stocklist on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Try Tom Lane 4 X4 - Google his website for a stocklist

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Try Three Bridges Motors in Carrick on Suir, Eugene there is about as sound as you can get !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Thanks for all the replies guys,

I think i might hold off on it a little while, I would still love to buy one but the cost of diesel is rising and its a big engine :-)

Keep the suggestions coming though as i will buy one at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

ste2006 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies guys,

I think i might hold off on it a little while, I would still love to buy one but the cost of diesel is rising and its a big engine :-)

Keep the suggestions coming though as i will buy one at some stage

It's only going to go up... you may as well have one now if you can

I more meant that i am not in the finanancial situation currently to be paying for diesel,

Hopefully in a year or so my personal circumstances will change and i will be in a better position to get one and fund it :-)

Advertisement