Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music for a restaurant

Options
  • 20-06-2011 11:26am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, the boss has tasked me with updating the work ipod and I'm not sure what to put on it really. I'm working in a bar/restaurant. It's a pretty casual but nice steakhouse and at the minute the ipod has things like Michael Buble, Jamie Cullum, Norah Jones and the like with some light American country music and trad Irish as well, easy listening sort of stuff basically.

If anyone would have any suggestions for some new albums maybe that'd be great.

Or recommend the sort of stuff you'd like to hear when you're out for dinner.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

The new Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes albums would be a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭Rigsby

irish_goat wrote: »
    Or recommend the sort of stuff you'd like to hear when you're out for dinner.

I don't mean to go off topic or start an argument here, but I'd just like to make a point, if I may.

Personally, I prefer no music at all, if I go out for a meal. Most times I find it an intrusion, as it is usually too loud. On lots of occasions I have asked for the volume to be lowered. Initially my request is honoured, but I find that the volume is gradually cranked up again over time. Most people go out for a meal to have a chat and catch up on some news with friends. My guess is if they had a choice (and most restaurants don't give you a choice) of having music or not, they'd choose the latter. In some places it is impossible to escape....even in the toilets. :rolleyes:

Point made. Sorry for the intrusion. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I wouldn't be able to eat without getting sick if that was the music on in the place.

I wouldn't be able to eat without getting sick if that was the music on in the place.

This brings up (no pun intended :D ) another point worth mentioning. OP, you are never going to please every one with your choice of music, so maybe silence is the answer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Silence is not an option lads but it's normally kept pretty low.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 5dollakarl

definately get some bonobo. Very very easy going but smooth and relaxing. Very cotemporary and cool. Jack Johnson is great also for some nice happy chilled music. newton faulkner as well would go down a treat.

irish_goat wrote: »
    Silence is not an option

I see, so it's a case of...."what ever the people on "boards" suggest, you are getting....whether you want it or not". :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

5dollakarl wrote: »
    definately get some bonobo. Very very easy going but smooth and relaxing. Very cotemporary and cool. Jack Johnson is great also for some nice happy chilled music. newton faulkner as well would go down a treat.

Will check Bonobo out. Had Jack Johnson and Newton Faulkner on it a while ago so I think we're all sick of them two. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Vanessa Carlton Rabbits on the Run imo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Go retro and play some Sade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Erykah Badu - I Want You

http://youtu.be/fEB7Wl9GzyA

pretty funky song...background tune

Advertisement