Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Roof box €79 Inc Delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Nice marketing. With every roofbox you get free roofbars, a free fitting kit OR 50 euro off the price. Another way of looking at it is that the roofbars and fitting kit cost 50 euro.

All the same, seems like a nice price. Anyone ever use these? Also, do the roof bars work on all types of car?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

Spoke with a Gerry on the phone, asked about a Honda HRV and Nissan Almera fitting kit - they stock roof bars / kits for loads of different models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

That is a very good price for a roof box. I bought one last year in France and it cost more than that by quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

That is a good price, thanks for the link.

My worry is storage... I noticed a roof bag available at argos. Anyone ever use one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

I'd be interested to hear the dimensions of this because it says 260l but the one in the picture looks like a thule 740l one so I highly doubt its to scale.

• Advertisement

Just poped into their kilbarrack shop, they have them on show,

Dimensions are 2250x450x340 - It looks exacly like the images.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 zuppycool

Thats a great deal Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

newkie wrote: »
    That is a good price, thanks for the link.

My worry is storage... I noticed a roof bag available at argos. Anyone ever use one?
    Never used one, but if you're going for it, Lidl sometimes do roofbars for about €35. They had them about a month ago. You might get a set if you ask the manager in your local store.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

I ordered one for giggles as the cheapest set of roof bars our unusual mpv is over 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Soups123

Thats a great deal, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Thanks OP... good spot. Now... how am I gonna fit this in my boot:D

Can't resist a good bargain alert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Are these easy to fit or do they fit them for you?

I went for the Farad 320L box - Simple to install, just a couple of U bolts.

The fitting instructions are on the site, scroll half way down

http://www.team.ie/roofbox/farad-roof-box-f1-320l/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thanks for the info.

Will look into gettig one during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Auto Maxi were the brand that I got free with my Farad box last year. How quickly they can be put on/off depends on the make of your car. Some cars have are easier than others. Mine take about 15 mins to put on and 5 mins to take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Wonder if any Undertakers would be up for giving you a few nixers during the holiday off season? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

paddyp wrote: »
    Why I didn't think of that, then again it might be a pain to take out the cooker, fridge seats table and bed.

Wow!! a real goldmine!

You could provide a takeaway service for your local undertaker, and if you removed all the inside bits, you could also turn that into a traditional takeaway too. Two businesses in one, not bad for these hard times, maybe the dragons would like to invest?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

paddyp wrote: »
    Why I didn't think of that, then again it might be a pain to take out the cooker, fridge seats table and bed.
    No need - the 'passenger' would be reposing in the roof box.... :D

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement