Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats this dvd region stuff about?

Options
  • 19-06-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

I have a dvd (cheers season 8) which will no longer play on my laptop? Whats going on???, something about regions.

I was able to play it a few time but now i can't?

Can someone enlighten me as to whats going on & how to sort this? If i had known this was going to happen i wouldn't have bought the dvd in the first place. It was pretty expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You're only able to change your DVD drive's region a certain number of times before it'll lock to that region.

You can use VLC (google it) and bypass it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Basq wrote: »
    You're only able to change your DVD drive's region a certain number of times before it'll lock to that region.

You can use VLC (google it) and bypass it though.

Hey thanks a lot. Yip the vlc player plays it fine.:) Great, thought i'd bought a dvd i could no longer watch anymore.

Thanks Basq

Advertisement