Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombie Beers Take Two

Options
  • 19-06-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Well talks were.... talked..... and what do people think of it?

Speak!

Date?
    Location (in Dublin :P)?
    Time?
    and what'll we do?

Krom, you're expected to attend.

Will you attend a gathering of zombie hunters? 13 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    69% 9 votes
    Maybe
    23% 3 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    7% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

I can do it.

Next Saturday, city centre, 7pm.

We have a few beers and eventually can decide on something else/bigger/better some other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

okay.jpg

Em, yeah, see a Saturday night we'd need somewhere quiet like, if its in Dublin.

Any weekend day is fine for me, earlier the better: if you have somewhere to be later, you can go; and it'll be quieter.

I vote the downstairs of the international bar near Grafton street [tends to be quiet] or as it was last time, the upstairs of the palace bar near Westmoreland street.

What to do?
    Well, read over some of the boards topics and see what you want to discuss the most, maybe note it down or post it in this thread. i'll bring a printout of the Ireland survivor map. Also if anyone has a copy of 'the book' bring that along too.
    We could discuss how the zombie walk went, maybe share some photos of it or whatever. Talk about some games you'd like to see/have seen featuring zombies.

Of course we'll have the usual banter of talk about the possibility of it all and how it would spread/be stopped.

What not to do:
    - weird people out with the more obscure zombie interests [happened last time]
    - try to one up people with outlandish suggestions of insane weapons
    - Say something like "WELL I'D JUST GO UP A TOWER WITH A SNIPER RIFLE": that's just not going to happen.
    - become a liability when drunk, like real survivalists, we'll leave you behind.

Whate Saye Ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Kromdar, you officially made me really sad I don't live in Ireland. :(

I hope you all get together for this - it sounds like it would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Next Saturday is the Global Reddit Meetup and then another Beerz we can crash -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056292826
    wolf moon wrote: »
    I can do it.

Next Saturday, city centre, 7pm.

We have a few beers and eventually can decide on something else/bigger/better some other time.

Edit:

Kromdar wrote: »

Of course we'll have the usual banter of talk about the possibility of it all and how it would spread/be stopped.

What not to do:
    - weird people out with the more obscure zombie interests [happened last time] => I can not guarantee that my normal banter would not be counted as "obscure zombie interests" - This is a Zombie Survival Beer Right?!?!
    - try to one up people with outlandish suggestions of insane weapons => Same as above.
    - Say something like "WELL I'D JUST GO UP A TOWER WITH A SNIPER RIFLE": that's just not going to happen. => The issue is the lack of non-airsoft guns in Ireland
    - become a liability when drunk, like real survivalists, we'll leave you behind.=> Trust No One; You have to be willing to shot even your closest friend/family/loved-one if it comes to it

Whate Saye Ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

lets just sayt last time there was one or two.... weirdees..... and that weird if you meet me!
    really! myself krommy boy and an old friend called smegmar were exchanging looks of.... welll...... fear.... all night :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

^ LOL!!!

I don't drink and can't stand most drunks, try get dumb and annoying lol so have a good one guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

who're you callin' a 8197.jpgdrunk?!

ye know just because some people will be drinking alcholic beverages doesnt mean you have to do the same :)

Alright, so a little summary maybe? Who's coming and where?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I'm puttin the engine back intqa me Astra this weekend but I'd be up for a ZomBeers sometime soon.

anyone fancy a location outside of Dublin?????

Wexford/Waterford/Kilkenny????

^ LOL!!!

I don't drink and can't stand most drunks, try get dumb and annoying lol so have a good one guys!
    Drunk people are annoying when they ramble on about silly things, we will be mildly tipsy... kinda.... and talking bout zombies :P

• Advertisement

ok wanna try a prelim really unwell prepared Zombeers?

this saturday, bout 8 in o'reillys (under tara street station)?

I think it's fitting since thats where this round of CYOA was started :P

yeah, its got a (or did have) pool table in it.. I think its called Sub now.

Can ye do a rollcall? i'm in for a few - not the whole bloody night.. unless ye know.. there's an outbreak or a lockin or both.

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    this saturday, bout 8 in o'reillys (under tara street station)?
    If the weather is good I'm off to Wicklow, camping (Z-Day simulation). Unless She changes her mind and we stay in Dublin, then sure I will be there 100%. I should know something by tomorrow.

used to be called the sub lounge, gone back to o reilys now though to the best of my knowledge, who knows!

I lost my copy of the bible so I'll bring something else that is noticeably zombie, dunno what though XD tbc

Which Thread is going to be one main one?

Either way I'd be at the Reddit beer and then heading up to this then to the Noc beers. :pac:

ah sure it doesn't matter which :P

yeah I was thinking we could move onto the nocs beer after a few in the sub lounge :P

haven't seen any of the nocs in sooooo long

jaysus i'm only back from germany and i almost missed the beers. go on then, tomorrow night under tara street? or is that still the preliminary plan for the preliminary beers? also did nayone go to the zombie walk?

Kromdar wrote: »
    jaysus i'm only back from germany and i almost missed the beers. go on then, tomorrow night under tara street? or is that still the preliminary plan for the preliminary beers? also did nayone go to the zombie walk?

well then you should have checked in and asked was it ok for you to go in the first place :P

it's going ahead tomorrow, just a quick meet up to see who'll actually show :P

bout 8? I might be a bit later but ah well, might try and bring world war Z if I can't find it, if not I'll bring Battle Royale

battle-royale.jpg

why? because it's an awesome book and can teach us a lot about survival. :)

Bah!
    wont be able to make it, something cropped up this minute :/
    definetly on for the next one though

role call for tonight. cause if its not that many we'll postpone it to a date that suits all. today doesn't exactly suit me, but i'll go if ye're all goin'.

-correction,defo not goin tonight, post-holiday bank balance is in minus figures. curse you, lasercard.

• Advertisement

sorry I went missing for a few days people!
    didn't even make it to beers :( but by the looks no one else did either :P

organise something again soon? lol

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    sorry I went missing for a few days people!
    didn't even make it to beers :( but by the looks no one else did either :P

organise something again soon? lol

i thought this was a pre-beers beers anyway
    yeah we need to set a date that everyone agrees to. the saturday was an impromptu thing i thought. anyway could set it to be arond the release of a decent zombie movie, or a game or book, or some other shizz. might give it more meaning.

I was at the Reddit beers and dragged a lot of them to this pub since I say the message it was canceled to late.

Sorry brah. but i was literally off a plane and broke as a builder.
    Maybe next time, eh?
    I was at the Reddit beers and dragged a lot of them to this pub since I say the message it was canceled to late.

Advertisement