Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Up to) Half Price Sale @ Debenhams

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Their exchange rate is so bad, even at that level it's not much of a discount on the sterling prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

jdivision wrote: »
    Their exchange rate is so bad, even at that level it's not much of a discount on the sterling prices.

agree totally... and i hate this "Up To" half price. There is very little thats ever half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭jacool

Access wrote: »
    agree totally... and i hate this "Up To" half price. There is very little thats ever half price.
    You could always take a look! Some stuff in the men's sale there is 70% off! the "up to" is a little mis-leading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Got 2 pairs of pure wool slacks and a nice dress shirt in Deb's Cork for 115. Both slacks were part of a suit and marked 105eur each if sold apart from the suit.
    I think it was a great deal...
    I hope im right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

ShaneU wrote: »
    http://www.debenhams.ie

free delivery too

Robbing b@st@rds... agree with other posters. Their exchange rate is criminal. Don't know how they still do business in Ireland.

Not as bad as new Disney store on Grafton St - went in one day to check it out before bringing in the kids; as usual they have UK price taken off everything except for the pair of "Cars" PJ's I picked up; £20 but €38:eek:

These places still take us Irish for dipsh1ts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Robbing b@st@rds... agree with other posters. Their exchange rate is criminal. Don't know how they still do business in Ireland.

Not as bad as new Disney store on Grafton St - went in one day to check it out before bringing in the kids; as usual they have UK price taken off everything except for the pair of "Cars" PJ's I picked up; £20 but €38:eek:

Sorry but are you not the Dipsh1t for buying it at that price? If you have a problem with their exchange rate then don't buy there, it's quite simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Sorry but are you not the Dipsh1t for buying it at that price? If you have a problem with their exchange rate then don't buy there, it's quite simple.
    I would take it to mean he picked them up, then dropped them back on the rack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

It's simple economics.. charge what the market will bare,and seemingly Irish dipsh1ts are buying the product..
    , if 3 people in uk buy the product at £20 that's £60.. but if only two people in Ireland buy it at €38/£33 that's £66 for selling less volume,,,,
    I really dont know why people moan about being charged differently to UK markets... if you dont like it dont buy it,,, we're not part of the commonwealth anymore ..would anyone complain if they saw the price tag with the Mexican cost on it????

Note: I can understand your anger if a kid is tugging at your leg... they've also factored this into the equation I presume

Advertisement