Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 wont work on HDMI on my new TV HELP

Options
  • 19-06-2011 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

basically, i turn it on with both the av connectors and the hd. turn it on, says a hdmi cable has been detected, do you want to turn on hdmi. i click yes, screen goes blank....thats it! nothing else. now i tried without the av cables and just the hd but no screen atall. it is a sony bravia hd ready tv if that makes a difference. but its really pissing me off, as we speak im trying to jig it around but no use. CAN SOME1 PLEASE help me!

thank you sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

try hdmi cable only. then, from standby, hold down the power button til it beeps twice and resets again. then power on again and try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

When you choose HD, do you not then have to move to the extension this is connected to?

On my TV(different brand) for example, SD is on Ext. 3, and when i choose HD I have to move to Ext. 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    When you choose HD, do you not then have to move to the extension this is connected to?

On my TV(different brand) for example, SD is on Ext. 3, and when i choose HD I have to move to Ext. 6.

Yeah second that. When your screen goes blank when you select HDMI connection you need to click the right extension on your tv with the tv remote to HDMI or EXT whatever to view it. Some tv's do not connect automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

had this problem once ,looked on you tube and all i had to do was turn off the tv and turn it back on ,and it worked .hope its the same problem and you get it sorted .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭seanie69r

eioneill wrote: »
    Yeah second that. When your screen goes blank when you select HDMI connection you need to click the right extension on your tv with the tv remote to HDMI or EXT whatever to view it. Some tv's do not connect automatically.

i tries that but no luck, to my FUUUUCkiNG delight.....when i knocked off the ps3 and turned it back on again it got the ****ING yellow light of death. looking for a new ps3 as we speak. hope get the problem rectified....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭du6linjoe

From standby on the PS3 (red light) hold down the power button for 5 seconds, this reset the res settings in the PS3 & if there is a HDMI cable connected it will detect it & then give you the option to select HDMI output, choose yes & your done ! Just make sure you have correct chanel selected on TV, HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 depends which port your using on the TV. I hope this sorts ya out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭du6linjoe

Oh & by the way there is a console repair centre in Bray, they do a PS3 reflow for € 40.00 no fix no fee. Ya should get about 4 months from a reflow, 21 Quinsboro road, Bray. PH 01 2761111.

Advertisement