Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest FE1 to sit?

Options
  • 19-06-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Any opinions out there as to what is the easiest FE1 to sit? im sitting Tort, company and criminal in october. im wondering what to pick for my fourth however...

Also considering the law society requires you to pass 3 out of the 4 you sit first time would it be wise to just study for 3?? id get 0% in the fourth but at least it would ease the workload for me in terms of study and id hopefully get the 3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Id say you would be better off posting in the dedicated FE1 thread.

Everyone seems to be different. I personally found EU the easiest for me. But others seem to have trouble with it. I am having serious trouble with constitutional which isnt one that is abnormally hard.

Horses for courses and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

Any opinions out there as to what is the easiest FE1 to sit? im sitting Tort, company and criminal in october. im wondering what to pick for my fourth however...

Also considering the law society requires you to pass 3 out of the 4 you sit first time would it be wise to just study for 3?? id get 0% in the fourth but at least it would ease the workload for me in terms of study and id hopefully get the 3.

Probably better guided by logical elimination here. You shouldn't choose contract or equity, because it makes most sense to do them together given some significant syllabus overlap. So leave that for next time around.

That leaves EU, Constitutional and Property.

It's probably not good to leave EU and Constitutional together because lots of people seem to have problems with the workload (relatively large syllabi) which eliminates Property as a choice, leaving you to decide between EU and Constitutional for this session. Much of a muchness there really.

Make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob_lob_law

Property. My sister studied for about two days and passed it. I didn't devote much time to it myself and got 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Property or Criminal is the easiest.

Constitutional, EU and Tort (surprisingly) are the hardest - Tort is there because I've had to sit it twice - first time 42%, second time (when doing all 8 fe1s and feeling confident that I've got tort covered pretty well - 50%).

That's just my personal opinion.

Advertisement