Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The term "braaaiiiins"

Options
  • 19-06-2011 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

How do you feel when you see/hear people say that when they talk about the zed's? Personally I always think back to the camp return of the living dead. I hated them, and I hate the brains term. I like my zombie to be the groaning, wailing in hunger and instinct kind,the classic romero kind. Hell I even like the 28 series kind of the hissing kinda scream.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Since watching Yugiohabridged on youtube, any time I hear brains I can only think of this guy at http://youtu.be/HbufYFXCqkY [2:54]
    But I have a guilty pleasure of preferring L4D zombie sounds, as one of their screams sounds like my username on Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The brains thing is nonsense. A zombie would have absolutely no way of getting into a living humans skull.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

I just despise the term, it ruins the whole zombie thing on me.

Lol I used to love yugioh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

only noobs think zombies say brains. id much prefer if they said 'ooorgaaaans' but thats not possible . . .. . is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

I don't want them to say anything lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

ScumLord wrote: »
    The brains thing is nonsense. A zombie would have absolutely no way of getting into a living humans skull.

Exactly! They'd need to be smart enough to find a way to crack the skull open like a nut. I always thought that was the stupidest thing, ever. I mean, how could they speak to say "braaaains", anyway? If you're going to go that far, they may as well be able to hold entire conversations.

Be fast with delivering those headshots and they won't have a chance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Absolutely. The only thing we should hear would be the shuffling of feet, finger nails scrattching and banging on the door, and of course. The obligatorty groans and moans.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

jme2010 wrote: »
    Absolutely. The only thing we should hear would be the shuffling of feet, finger nails scrattching and banging on the door, and of course. The obligatorty groans and moans.
    Not to forget the sound of escaping gas from their rotting insides, the gurgling of bile from the open hole in their neck and the clicking of broken bones rubbing over each other as they shuffle along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Return of the Living Dead is the first mention of Braaaains as far as I know.

But yeah - logic-wise it doesn't really follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

ScumLord wrote: »
    Not to forget the sound of escaping gas from their rotting insides, the gurgling of bile from the open hole in their neck and the clicking of broken bones rubbing over each other as they shuffle along.

I'm going to need a stronger stomach for the ZA. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement