Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big soft tortilla wraps Tesco 8 for €1

Options
  • 18-06-2011 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Nice big tortilla wraps 8 for €1 at the mo in Tesco - Tesco own brand - twice the surface area of Old El Paso, much thicker, and soft.
    There's a choice of 4 diff types. Come in a resealable bag too.

Great for quick meals - just add a bit of mince (with or without Mexican flavouring), or chicken or whatever's left over in the fridge.

Friend who lives on a boat has a habit of heating the tortilla up on the pan, flipping it over, adding some cheese and letting it melt a bit, adding slice of cooked ham (or leftovers) and then rolling it up. (you have to stop him trying to smoke it now and then but that's another story! :D )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bregina

Nice one, good price, lovely for a change from the usual sandwich!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Lidl have nice ones too and a few different favours, cant remember the price though but worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sorry to sound a bit thick but can you eat these raw? I need to start bringing a lunch with me and the idea of rolling up whatevers in the fridge appeals to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Thargor wrote: »
    Sorry to sound a bit thick but can you eat these raw? I need to start bringing a lunch with me and the idea of rolling up whatevers in the fridge appeals to me.

Absolutely, just like bread, dont leave them out to long or staleness will set in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

These are great and stay fresh for a couple of days once opened. The fajitas in the box are too small and the sauce is too dry. Better to make them separate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Well these have pretty much replaced white loaf in my life since I wandered into this thread, they're so convenient and cheap, and everything tastes good in them, I love dumping whatever last nights dinner leftovers in with garlic mayonnaise and a bit of lettuce or coleslaw and cheese, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

I use them in my Sandwich maker. Add fillings and fold to fit. Great for any time. Ham & chesse with onin is my fav :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Babyblessed

Can freeze them too!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

If they do go a bit stale after a few days heating them in the microwave or the aforementioned pan will make them nice again.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Think the ones in lidl have only 6 in a pack. Tesco ones taste better though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement