Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me find a FAT32 portable HD

Options
  • 18-06-2011 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

Hello, I am looking for a portable FAT32 hard drive, one that does not require its own power supply, but draws it from the USB. I am aware of the limitation of FAT32.

Cheap as possible, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

just find your external drive, and you can format it after as FAT32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

just find your external drive, and you can format it after as FAT32

Yeah, I have been trying this. Windows doesn't seem to like doing this, I spent all last night trying the "solutions" I found on the various fora and blogs I found. Just wondering if anyone knows a specific drive out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Maybe try deleting all partitions first from DiskManagement, then add one (or more, if you like) and format from blank.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

bedlam wrote: »
    Any drive will do, just format it with fat32format

SwissKnife is also good at formatting a hard drive to FAT32, as said above any drive will work

Nick

Advertisement