Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Response

Options
  • 18-06-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

So I had an interview at a regional small business and have not received either a job placement or rejection. Its been over a week. I called the contact number to no success and dropped a friendly enquiry email.

This is so frustrating...since when was it a crime for somebody to want to work? Never mind getting a little feedback.
    Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

a week isn't really a long time. also you'll soon find out that only a very few will get back to you unless you get the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Did a few interviews myself and never got a response either way. Very insulting to the person who was interviewed in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭StrawberryJazz

kilburn wrote: »
    Did a few interviews myself and never got a response either way. Very insulting to the person who was interviewed in my opinion

I totally understand not getting feedback from just a c.v. but an interview requires time and pretty much selling yourself for 30 minutes not to mention external efforts.

Im not looking for a thesis and it costs nothing to send an email. Very, very annoyed...:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Im not looking for a thesis and it costs nothing to send an email. Very, very annoyed...:mad::mad::mad:

If there are a few candidates I agree, it is courtsy, but in a large company it can be policy as follow-up takes time with a lot of candidates and time ==money.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

So I had an interview at a regional small business and have not received either a job placement or rejection. Its been over a week. I called the contact number to no success and dropped a friendly enquiry email.

This is so frustrating...since when was it a crime for somebody to want to work? Never mind getting a little feedback.
    Any advice?
    The way i look at it employers have us over a barrell, the time and effort people put in getting ready for an interview and they don't have the respect to let people know hay or nay. I think you got to keep moving on to the next one, if they ring they ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭StrawberryJazz

mikehunts wrote: »
    The way i look at it employers have us over a barrell, the time and effort people put in getting ready for an interview and they don't have the respect to let people know hay or nay. I think you got to keep moving on to the next one, if they ring they ring.

Its awful business practice, unprofessional and unkind.
    I'll never avail of this business again, recession or no recession.

Advertisement