Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change of wage

Options
  • 18-06-2011 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hello, my housemate got a job when he was 16 in a supermarket, he is now 20 yet is still on the same wage of E6/h. my other hosemate got a job there, and as he is over 18 he gets minimum wage, housemate A has since questioned why he is still on the same wage yet they haven't changed it. do they have to increase it?

any thoughts is most appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

ryan91 wrote: »
    Hello, my housemate got a job when he was 16 in a supermarket, he is now 20 yet is still on the same wage of E6/h. my other hosemate got a job there, and as he is over 18 he gets minimum wage, housemate A has since questioned why he is still on the same wage yet they haven't changed it. do they have to increase it?

any thoughts is most appreciated.

thanks

OMG i just read this and think to myself is your mate a bit slow or what ?? i know it's a job and all but come on why would he work there for that money when he should know what the minimum wage is? so in other words he was quite happy to ponder along in life on the same wage he started on ya !!! have to laugh at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

when he was hired first, they offered the minimum they had to for a person under 18, no that he's over 18 he is wondering if it can be changed

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

Yes, he is also entitled to have the increase backdated for the past 2 years, if they refuse point out that they are in breach of the National Minimum Wage Act 2000 and could go to jail for up to 3 years. Someone messed up pretty badly in payroll...

Advertisement