Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda ML10 Forms ?

Options
  • 17-06-2011 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi lads new to the boards and this is my first post, was wondering I've applied for a loan but unforunately do not have any proof of address for the loan up to the last 3 months, they have advised me to go to the Garda Station in the morning to pick up an ML10 form, but as far as I know an ML10 form is for when you are awaiting passport renewal or drivers liscense renewal as proof, but I am planning a trip to manchester in the next 3 weeks; will this make my passport invalid or will the Garda cancel it when I arrive tomorrow, or is it actually possible for me to explain to Garda that I need a document to cover a loan I am taking on ??

Cheers in advance for any light or advice shed on this Subject.

LMRM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

LeanMeanRM wrote: »
    Hi lads new to the boards and this is my first post, was wondering I've applied for a loan but unforunately do not have any proof of address for the loan up to the last 3 months, they have advised me to go to the Garda Station in the morning to pick up an ML10 form, but as far as I know an ML10 form is for when you are awaiting passport renewal or drivers liscense renewal as proof, but I am planning a trip to manchester in the next 3 weeks; will this make my passport invalid or will the Garda cancel it when I arrive tomorrow, or is it actually possible for me to explain to Garda that I need a document to cover a loan I am taking on ??

Cheers in advance for any light or advice shed on this Subject.

LMRM.

The form requires you to make a declaration that you do not hold a passport or drivers licence. ML10 is not for proof of address, it is a proof of identity for those who do not hold passports or drivers licence's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

foinse wrote: »
    The form requires you to make a declaration that you do not hold a passport or drivers licence. ML10 is not for proof of address, it is a proof of identity for those who do not hold passports or drivers licence's.

And should only be issued by a Garda who personally knows you.......

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Catlover

I've just rung a Garda station on behalf of an elderly friend who has no driving licence and whose passport is out of date. She needs to open a Post Office account. The Garda I spoke to says that there have been a lot of problems with form ML 10, and that many Gardaí, including himself, refuse to sign it for people they don't know. He said it would help if I brought in the old lady's out of date passport and a bill recently addressed to her at her current address. The old lady is so feeble she's barely able to walk from the car to the Garda station.

The situation of elderly people who have no photo ID is appalling. This issue needs to be properly addressed. What happens to the ones who have no one to drive them, or organise form ML 10 for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Just one of the reasons a picture should be attached to the social welfare card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Catlover wrote: »
    I've just rung a Garda station on behalf of an elderly friend who has no driving licence and whose passport is out of date. She needs to open a Post Office account. The Garda I spoke to says that there have been a lot of problems with form ML 10, and that many Gardaí, including himself, refuse to sign it for people they don't know. He said it would help if I brought in the old lady's out of date passport and a bill recently addressed to her at her current address. The old lady is so feeble she's barely able to walk from the car to the Garda station.

The situation of elderly people who have no photo ID is appalling. This issue needs to be properly addressed. What happens to the ones who have no one to drive them, or organise form ML 10 for them?

Contact the station and ask when the community Garda is working. Contact them and they may call out with the form

• Advertisement
Advertisement