Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recharging batteries

Options
  • 17-06-2011 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I have an oldish battery Energiser charger for AA and AAA size NiMH and Ni-Cd rechargable batteries. Written on it it says:

SEC: AA-2x(2.8v 240-280mA) 1.568VA
    AAA-2x(2.8V 120-130mA) 0.728VA

I recently bought some AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries which have marking as follows: 900mAh 1.2V

Can these be charged on the battery charger? Is it safe to do so?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Mystified wrote: »
    AAA-2x(2.8V 120-130mA) 0.728VA
    This refers to the output of the charger.
    I recently bought some AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries which have marking as follows: 900mAh 1.2V
    This refers to the capacity of the batteries
    Can these be charged on the battery charger? Is it safe to do so?
    In my opinion, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Also it looks like the charger will only charge them batteries in pairs, which is no problem, as in it must have 2 or 4 at a time, and will take 8 hours to charge the AAA ones you have.

Nimh ones are preferable to ni-cd ones also. They are probably mostly nimh sold now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Mystified

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Also it looks like the charger will only charge them batteries in pairs, which is no problem, as in it must have 2 or 4 at a time, and will take 8 hours to charge the AAA ones you have.

Quite correct. Very neat device; plugs straight into socket; no wires.

Thank you both for your responses

Advertisement