Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bus from Balrothery to Balbriggan or Skerries Train Station

• 17-06-2011 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hey All,

Does anyone know of a bus service that goes from balrothery village to either Balbriggan or Skerries Train Station?

Considering getting the train to work and am a bit outside either stations for close proximity.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

keithrus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Does anyone know of a bus service that goes from balrothery village to either Balbriggan or Skerries Train Station?

Considering getting the train to work and am a bit outside either stations for close proximity.

Cheers!

Doesn't the 101 pass through Balrothery? Alternatively cycling to the station could be a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Why don't you post what time you go / come back from the station. There might be someone masking a similar trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭keithrus

Well i have to get the 7.30 train, I think.
    Job will be moving to Dublin South in the latter part of the year so I just want to plan my route.
    Re cycling, how safe are they at the stations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Well i have to get the 7.30 train, I think.
    Job will be moving to Dublin South in the latter part of the year so I just want to plan my route.
    Re cycling, how safe are they at the stations?

Not safe at Balbriggan, anyway. My boyfriend's bike got robbed from there, and there are always complaints from other people about their bikes been stolen. Try the bus (101).

Hi ElleEm,

Thanks for that!

I've been looking up the timetables and seeing that I have to get the 7:30 from BB, the earliest one would not get to the town on time.

Looks like either taxi or minibus would have to be looked at....

• Advertisement

I leave my bike at the station each day and haven't had any problems. Now I have a very nice bike I wouldn't dream of leaving at the station so I use a cheaper bike which so far has been fine. Just remember to invest in a good U lock. You'd be surprised how many people buy a nice bike and then buy a cheap combination lock.

but surely don't you think that despite the lock is there, the intent of vandalism is already there? Great news that you can bring your bike along - have the tyres ever been punctured?

but surely don't you think that despite the lock is there, the intent of vandalism is already there? Great news that you can bring your bike along - have the tyres ever been punctured?

Well of course. If someone wants to do damage they will do. In having said that my bike and most others it would seem have never been damaged. All I can say to you is to try it and see how you feel about. As I said my good bike I leave at home but I am quite happy to cycle to the station and leave the cheaper bike locked up all day.

cheers kintaro ! much obliged. I guess common sense goes a long way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I also leave my bike at the station most mornings. It wouldnt be a good bike but have never had any issues

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

I dont understand why the guys in the station cant stick their heads out and ensure their carpark and bike facilities are secure during the day. It should be part of their duties. disgraceful that in this day and age you cant leave a bike anywhere safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Sure the CCTV isn't pointed towards the bike racks at Balbriggan station either. Very little hope of tracking the robbers!

Advertisement