Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a MacBook for architecture school and should I get it insured?

Options
  • 17-06-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I'll be going to architecture school in autumn and was wondering if I would really need a MacBook for it. I was considering going all out and buying a 17" MacBook Pro because I want a good quality one that will last me through my bachelors and masters (5 yrs generally) but then again I would be kind of wary carrying that around because I'd be afraid of having it stolen.

So does anyone have any experience with MacBooks in architecture? Would it just be overkill?

Also if I were to get that MacBook pro should I bother taking out insurance and if so what company has the best offer for it. Should I just get it on my parents' house insurance (is that possible despite that I'll be living away?)?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement