Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV reception

Options
  • 17-06-2011 10:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭

Greetings. Yes I am the only gay in the village......
    We dont have sky in our house or indeed any digital TV. Still on the old analogue ariel system. Our Uk stations have been really bad for the last week. Terrible picture and often no sound.
    Is anyone else in the same situation?
    Is it solar flares?
    Is it a conspiracy by Sky?
    Am I a Ludite?

Anyone???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

Mmmm . .Now to be a real modern day Ludite you'd have to want nothing to do with Sky's latest technologies & in fact you'd probably spend all your time planning & going round smashing up unsuspecting Sky boxes with your baseball bat . .So no . .I don't think you're a Ludite.;)

I'm in Clondra & the analogue TV signal has been dodgy for months . .Aren't Telly Erin bringing in a new across the board digital system next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

I think the transmitters in Northern Ireland have had their power output downrated. It'll be irrelevant from next year anyway, as the analogue network will be shut down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Bah. Have bitten the bullet and signed up for the basic Sky package. I just need to get this new fangled electramatricity installed in my shelter:o

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tarahill

well i have outdoor aerial receive utv bbc1 bbc2 channell4 and the irish channells. utv and bbc is fine prob depends on where you receive it from in our area its cairn have heard that folks that are in offally and westmeath are having probs with bbc and utv as well on the aerial system i also have the dish in sittingroom so there isnt any problems there either my saorview box brought in extra channells when set up to the aerial system but I lost channell4 and utv through it. the other channells that i found have excellent sound and picture quality but the picture keeps freezing every few seconds so the sound is miles ahead of the picture. so havent a clue what thats about anyway saorviw box improved my rte etc picture quality 100 percent and I now have 3e as well so all isnt lost

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

tarahill wrote: »
    well i have outdoor aerial receive utv bbc1 bbc2 channell4 and the irish channells. utv and bbc is fine prob depends on where you receive it from in our area its cairn have heard that folks that are in offally and westmeath are having probs with bbc and utv as well on the aerial system i also have the dish in sittingroom so there isnt any problems there either my saorview box brought in extra channells when set up to the aerial system but I lost channell4 and utv through it. the other channells that i found have excellent sound and picture quality but the picture keeps freezing every few seconds so the sound is miles ahead of the picture. so havent a clue what thats about anyway saorviw box improved my rte etc picture quality 100 percent and I now have 3e as well so all isnt lost

You wouldn't be receiving your BBC and UTV signals from Cairn Hill, though, as the transmitter only carries the two RTÉ channels, TV3 and TG4. You're receiving the The NI/UK channels from the Brougher Mountain transmitter across the border near Enniskillen. Lowering the power of that transmitter would affect reception in the Longford area and would have an even worse effect for viewers in Westmeath and Offaly because of the greater distance...

Re. the image freezing on Saorview... did you align the dish yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tarahill

You wouldn't be receiving your BBC and UTV signals from Cairn Hill, though, as the transmitter only carries the two RTÉ channels, TV3 and TG4. You're receiving the The NI/UK channels from the Brougher Mountain transmitter across the border near Enniskillen. Lowering the power of that transmitter would affect reception in the Longford area and would have an even worse effect for viewers in Westmeath and Offaly because of the greater distance...

Re. the image freezing on Saorview... did you align the dish yourself?

no its an outdoor aerial thts been there since we moved in. the bbc channells utv and channell4 are working perfect from it direct to the tv its only through the saorview box that they are freezing. We have good reception on the utv bbc1 bbc2 channell4 here in the longford area saying that were north longford so closer to the broughher mountain than our neighbours in westmeath and offaly. I enjoy the utv channell it has a lot of programmes we like. so at the monent im watching the english channells through the aerial and switch over to saorview for the irish ones 2 remote controls and im like a cowboy with 2 guns one in each hand ha ha but i have good reception that way.:rolleyes:

Advertisement