Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS virtual console and DSi ware recommendation thread.

Options
  • 17-06-2011 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

Plants vs Zombies for DSi-E8

A innovative tower defence game which everyone should own. Trust me, just get it. 10/10

Mario vs Donkey Kong March of the minis for DSi-E8

The spiritual sequal to Donkey Kong 94 on the GB. A mix of DK and Lemmings style puzzle game play. 9/10

Super Mario Land for Gameboy-E4(?)

It feels a bit different to most Mario games as it was designed by the GB creator Gumpei Yokoi, rather than Shigeru Miyamoto. It's still a 2-D Mario game at heart and mixes the gameplay up with some shooting stages. 8/10

Links Awakening DX for Gameboy colour-E6

The best game for the gameboy was re-released on the GBC and included an extra dungeon. The story deviates from the stock save the princess concepts of the usual Zelda games and has some funny and off beat dialogue from NPCs at times. It plays very similiar to Link the past and still holds up as one of the best Zelda games today. 10/10

Donkey Kong 94 for Gameboy-E4

It starts out with the first four levels of the original Donkey Kong and then becomes a far more sophisticated and deeper experiance with some excellent platform/puzzle style gameplay. It's also over 100 levels long. 9/10

I'll add a couple more later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Starship Patrol
    A deep tower defence game. I've sunk hours into this. The design is great, as is the music. Well worth a look.
    Reflect Missile
    Same developer as Starship Patrol. Great game. Fire different types of missiles to destroy all blocks on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Dark Void Zero
    Great NES-style Capcom platformer/shooter. Really feels like their games from that era, and miles better than the game it's a spin-off of.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,551 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

ghostchant wrote: »
    Dark Void Zero
    Great NES-style Capcom platformer/shooter. Really feels like their games from that era, and miles better than the game it's a spin-off of.

Any idea if you can turn off the bit at the start where you have to blow on the 3ds? It's a pain in the arse whenever I want to play it on public transport!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

o1s1n wrote: »
    Any idea if you can turn off the bit at the start where you have to blow on the 3ds? It's a pain in the arse whenever I want to play it on public transport!

Haha not sure. Maybe replace the 72-pin connector? :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought a couple of things, 3D Space Tank, looks amazing but the touch controls are broken, the regular buttons controls are much better but still not perfect, still worth getting though.
    I also got Sufacer+ which plays like Qix, you touch the screen to grow flowers, you have to fill the screen by a predetermined amount but there are little dots roaming the screen and if they hit your flower it disappears and you have a limited number of flowers you can use, ok that doesn't sound anything like Qix but it is, trust me.

Now I have a few bob left on the 3DS and waiting to see what else to get, not a fan of tower defence however!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Donkey Kong on the Gameboy is one hell of a game. I totally need to buy that and relive my childhood experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Kealy1994

Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ

I think it got a physical release in the US but we got it on the virtual console.
    Its a spin off of the story Little Red Riding Hood just that Little Red riding hood
    is a bad ass machine gun wielding zombie slaying machine and it has a catchy
    heavy metal soundtrack.Its a horizontal shooter and it has some pretty bad ass bosses :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwYRmjQhHhQ

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Ah no... None of this messing.

Zombie thread.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement