Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

backing up scripts

Options
  • 17-06-2011 6:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here upload their stories and/or scripts online for safekeeping? if so what service do you use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I know a lot of people use dropbox. I personally tend to use Catch, which is a mobile phone ap, so I can do quick edits when I'm in a queue for the bus.

A few of us have our own website which we use for critiquing and feedback, and most of what I write gets uploaded to that as well. It's a private site, so the work is secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ahayzer42

I save a lot of my stuff on my laptop and on an external hard drive. I always email finished work to one or two specific people to read over for me so they also then live in my email account.

I use Dropbox occasionally - not as much as I thought I would.

Then I use Wordpress, like Eileen said, as a kind of website. Usually post work links up here for feedback and lock the post after a specific length of time.

Not sure if that third way is the best way of doing it but has worked for me so far.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I use Google docs for anything under 1MB and mail myself everything else and keep a copy on two PCs and a USB key.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Everyone keeps reccomending DropBox. Is it really that good? Never looked at it; just use Google Docs, though I can't edit that on my phone which is a PITA.

Advertisement