Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Problem with New Router Set Up, Need Help!!!!

Options
  • 16-06-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hi I set it my new D-Linl 2640R router today to work with Eircom and got the PS3 working with NAT type 2 without changing any of the settings , or enabling unup or port forwarding etc or updating fireware as there was a big warning on router page not to, just changed basic settings to connect it and connected it wired to the router, then I connected all the other computers in the house wirelessly but now the wirelesslely connected computers are all have connection problems constantly, every time i turn one off and turn it back on it requires the security key to be entered again, its getting really frustrating, any ideas how i could fix this mess quickly Anyone?? frown.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Have you got it set up on your PC's as a Public network or a Home network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Nothing to do with Broadband. Thread moved to Wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

djskip316i wrote: »
    Have you got it set up on your PC's as a Public network or a Home network.

Hi yes ive set it up as being in the home network, but it still has the same problem disconnecting often or requiring the wireless security key again.
    jor el wrote: »
    Nothing to do with Broadband. Thread moved to Wireless.

Sorry didnt know which thread to put it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

I have the same router , however i updated the firmware as soon as i got it . Maybe that might help .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Hi yes ive set it up as being in the home network, .

A home network is where none of the PC's connect to the net, they just connect to the other PC's in the house.

For security you should have it set to Public network as you are connected to the Net.

You need the best security when connecting to the net.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/43629-network-location-set-home-work-public-network.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

old_aussie wrote: »
    A home network is where none of the PC's connect to the net, they just connect to the other PC's in the house.

For security you should have it set to Public network as you are connected to the Net.

You need the best security when connecting to the net.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/43629-network-location-set-home-work-public-network.html

I tried setting it to a pulic network and home network but still doesnt seem to work

Advertisement