Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing content on RTE player while abroad

Options
  • 16-06-2011 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Mods please move if in the wrong forum

Has anyone ever heard or used https://www.overplay.net/ to view content on rte player while abroad or are there free options available?

Any help or info appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

You don't need an Irish ISP address to use RTE Player as far as I know. I can watch it in Belgium no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I haven't been able to watch Live events from the RTE site when I've been in France or Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

theres a selected amount of content available abroad on a special "international player", mostly news and current affairs but not much in the way of entertainment.

in their charter RTE is obliged to provide as much content as possible to the irish diaspora. Unfortunately for all sorts of reasons most stuff isnt possible to show abroad - a lot of it seemingly to do with external production firms thinking that someone in the world outside Ireland/ UK might buy their shows sometime in the next millenia despite that being unlikely in the extreme - to put it mildly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

I should have said sepcifically to watch live GAA over the summer rather than catching up on soaps and sh!t :D

Advertisement