Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sea fishing at bray pier

Options
  • 15-06-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

Anyone been fishing around there latley? Catch anything? Any advice what bait to use? Or spinners?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Crabs... that's pretty much all you'll catch from Bray harbour.

Now try and resist the innuendo here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

Thanks for the heads up. Caught 2 crabs today ha. know any good spots for sea fishing? New to sea fishing so dont really kbow anywhere. Tried bullock harbour yesterday fished off the rocks didnt get anything either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

byrner88 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. Caught 2 crabs today ha. know any good spots for sea fishing? New to sea fishing so dont really kbow anywhere. Tried bullock harbour yesterday fished off the rocks didnt get anything either

try collymore harbour near dalkey island

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

try collymore harbour near dalkey island

What types of fish are spoted around there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

What types of fish are spoted around there?
    No idea but you see people fishing there all the time and there's lots of seal, the current between the land and Dalkey island wound stirr up food I'd say your get pollock and what not's it's called fishing not catching go and see what bites.

• Advertisement

Around there you'll get a few flatties, coalies and Marckrel soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

It's very snaggy in Dalkey sound so you will need a few spare traces, just in case

21/25

uch wrote: »
    It's very snaggy in Dalkey sound so you will need a few spare traces, just in case
    Like a box full... :D

And weights without grippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 scubasteve1

any mackerel being caught yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Went out fishing yesterday off lambay island 6 of us caught very little a few coley 4 very small mackeral thats about it ,the skipper on the boat said the mackeral haven't arrived yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Duffmiester

Fish were jumping out of sea near rocks yesterday,Saturday. Just around high tide.

I found each launch of feathers trace caught 10lb of liquidized sea weed.
    Heartache to think I'm gona catch some. Comerant birds filling themselves. And gulls and sea lion turned up.

Walkers and life guards also saw fish jumping up.

Pity they didn't jump on the city side as the water is clearer and each cast is seaweed free.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Duffmiester

Guys were catching plenty mackerel yest too.

Only thing is those rocks ARE dangerous.
    30m up, take 1 wrong step. Splat!

Not for me!

I just know I will hear on the news some day an unfortunate accident. To catch a few 50c mak's, I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Went out to bray pier yesterday and caught 10 crab. Few people out there but no sign of a fish.

major bill wrote: »
    Went out to bray pier yesterday and caught 10 crab. Few people out there but no sign of a fish.
    If you float fish into the harbour at high tide there's a chance of some mullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anton1

It is a pity there appears to be little or no fishing to be had off Bray Harbour. It seems to mirror the decline of shore fishing off many places along the east coast due to the activities of trawlers and mussel dredgers which have cleaned everything out. I remember , as a Boy , fishing off the pier in the late 60's and early 70's with ragworm and catching many flatfish such as flounder and plaice and they were a reasonable size. Our accession into the EU ( 1973) where our fishing rights were given up did not help either. No wonder kids have to amuse themselves otherwise now with computers and such stuff. There is very little they can do outdoors to learn about nature now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It's a crying shame it's gone this way, I went fishing on Saturday morning around the Harbour and around Bray Head in a kayak. The harbour is dead, bit more active around the head. Well an army of whiting attacked my lines. Kept me amused for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

Hi man try greystones harbour or wicklow should get something there with feathers and bait or use both together:) works for me either one best a look and let me know what you get cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

Hi man have a go ar greystones harbour or wicklow should get a catch there with some feathers or bait ir evan both together:) works for me. In saying that i havent been lately but im sure theres sonething there.

Best a look and let me know if get anything cheers

Advertisement