Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thurs June 16th - Charity Poker Night @ The Vaults Bar (15-40 players, €1000+ prizes)

Options
  • 15-06-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All,

(Note: please confirm your interest by responding to this posting. Thanks!)

When and where?

On Thursday June 16th (tomorrow) I am running a charity poker tournament in support of the great work of Habitat for Humanity Ireland. It is being hosted at The Vaults Bar under Connolly Station in Dublin 1. Play starts at 7pm sharp and it is planned to finish at 11:30pm. 2 for 1 drinks available until 9pm.

Who is invited?

This is planned to be a friendly tournament and so far players of all skill levels have entered. As there are limited places (15-40 players) I need you to specify your interest by responding to this posting. In return I will confirm if there is a seat available for you. The likely cut-off for entries will be early afternoon tomorrow but please get in touch any time up to kick-off.

What's the prize pool?

There are €1000+ worth of prizes to play for and there will also be a free raffle on the night for all players. This should be a fun game so all skill levels are invited. Please see the attached poster for a list of the prizes on offer. Quoting the poster, four places pay out:

1st prize: 1 night exclusive spa getaway for two + €100 spending money
    2nd prize: 1 night, dinner + b’fast for two at #3 rated Dublin hotel
    3rd prize: Dinner for two + luxury back massage
    4th prize: Dinner for two

Raffle prizes of equal/similar value to 4th prize, the number of raffle items will depend on number of entrants.

What format and how much?

This will be a no-limit Texas hold'em format. The entrance fee is €20 with a single €20 rebuy or top-up available before the start of the second session. Full details of blinds etc will be based on the number of attendees so I'd appreciate responses as soon as possible.

Queries?

If I've left anything out, please get back to me. Many thanks for your support and good luck to everyone involved!

A word for our sponsors

Last but not least, thanks to the sponsors of this event who have donated a selection of the prizes: Mantraa Indian Restaurant, Nu Essence Beauty Salon and The Croke Park Hotel.

Who are Habitat for Humanity?

Habitat for Humanity is a worldwide non-profit housing organisation that works in partnership with people in need of decent housing to build and renovate simple, affordable homes. Habitat for Humanity is dedicated to achieving the vision of a world without poverty housing and homelessness, and to make decent housing a matter of conscience and action. Habitat for Humanity is building houses in Ireland and nearly 100 other countries around the world. Since 1976 over 400,000 homes have been built, sheltering more than two million people.

Best regards,
    Daz.

Advertisement