Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Wheels Wrestling

Options
  • 15-06-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭

All Wheels Wrestling
    New promotion owned by TNA debuts June 29th
    A new promotion, All Wheels Wrestling, which would combine motorcross racing and professional wrestling, will be taping what I assume to be a pilot at the Impact Wrestling Zone in Orlando, Florida (aka Soundstage 21) at Universal Studios.
    The official release reads:

All Wheels Wrestling debuts June 29th at Universal Studios

This made for television event will appeal to both wrestling fans and motorsports enthusiasts alike. Come witness the high flying moves of some of the greatest pro wrestlers in the world as they battle it out in the ring in front of a live audience.

Doors open at 6:30PM. Taping begins at 7:00PM. Taping held at Universal Studios' Soundstage 21. This is a non-ticketed event and seating is based on a first come first served basis. It is recommended to arrive one hour prior to doors open. Video cameras and audio recording equipment is not allowed. Show may cancel and schedules and/or audience requirements may alter at any time.

The trademark and web domain for the terms "All Wheels Wrestling" are owned by different subsidiaries of TNA, so it would appear this is a new brand the promotion is looking into launching in some form.

Source..... TNAInsider.com and PWInsider.com

Taken from another forum and underneath taken from ewrestlingnews.com
    All Wheels Wrestling has started a Twitter account, which you can follow at http://twitter.com/AWWCommish.

- The pilot will be taped on June 29th at the Impact Zone in Universal Studios, and will air on the SPEED Network.

- The promotion lists its location as Daytona.

- Jeff Jarrett is said to be a major point person in the project, with Hermie Sadler assisting on the auto racing side of things.

- NASCAR runs in Daytona, FL on June 30th through July 2nd, so it is likely that NASCAR personalities will be involved in the pilot TV taping.

Suppose a new promotion aint a bad idea but would such a gimmick fueled promotion work? WWE's Over the limit aint that succesfull is it? Suppose will wait and see till a roster is confirmed.....but who could they realistically get now whoes free? Snitsky :P

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sounds like another world-beater from the WCW crew! Are we gonna see a cheap version of this....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

motorcross and wrestling?!..

OpoQQ.jpg?1302279173

Like what, doing jumps over the ring while a match is on or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

How are they going to intertwine wrestling with motor cross racing? Don't see how this is going to work unless it's just literally wrestling match, then motor cross race, then wrestling match, motor cross race one after the other and trying to appeal to and combine two sets of audience. Sounds like a real American type of a supershow idea.

I suppose they could try and bring in Hardcore Bob butt-plug Holly, he was always a big Nascar fan so he might be up for this.

But my first impression is that this sounds like a wheely bad idea to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Sounds like another world-beater from the WCW crew! Are we gonna see a cheap version of this....

How'd WCW explain Big Show not dying from the impact of falling off the roof?? :pac:

CMpunked wrote: »
    Like what, doing jumps over the ring while a match is on or something?

Maybe they could start introducing babyfaces, heels and promos into the world of motocross to build up feuds and get more people interested. They could also have interference when one guys races out of nowhere and takes down another driver.

But what can wrestling ever gain from racing sports?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Would be unreal :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CARD GA....I mean PRO-WRESTLING ON MOTORCYCLES!

Anyway, this stinks of Bischoff. Didn't he do PPVs with WCW for bikers where the crowd were just a load of bikers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

CARD GA....I mean PRO-WRESTLING ON MOTORCYCLES!

Anyway, this stinks of Bischoff. Didn't he do PPVs with WCW for bikers where the crowd were just a load of bikers?

"Road Wild" i guess it was an interesting concept, but utimately a Bischoff Vaniety project which tbh I wouldnt be surprised for the day Bischoff/Hervey announce this:pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The Running Man? I'd buy that for a dollar! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

All Wheels Wrestling, the TNA offshoot promotion, has revealed photos of the four team captains for Team Defiance, Team 720, Team Dyno and Team Octane.

Team Octane will be coached by J.R. Lethal (former TNA star Jay Lethal):

Team Defiance will be coached by Dubai (former WWE/TNA star Shawn Daivari):

Team 720 will be coached by Schwagg Dutt (former TNA star Sonjay Dutt):

Team Dyno will be coached by Aaron Aguilera (former WWE developmental star):

Photo's here

• Advertisement

It's great that Jay Lethal is back on the TNA pay-roll.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

This.is.ridiculous.

More images:

268722_224164214273284_215141195175586_696526_1812961_n.jpg267907_224136594276046_215141195175586_696347_6375554_n.jpg
    268979_224114940944878_215141195175586_696263_4682695_n.jpg269609_224100727612966_215141195175586_696227_1108573_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Well i am truly disappointed.....where is team Sparky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

This could be one of those shows thats so bad it'll end up being good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

hopefully it goes t1ts up and we can have Jay Lethal back on Impact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

the more i read about this the stupider it appears, do tna not have enough to be doing with impact rather than launching an offshoot

so the pilot is being recorded now:

260353_225404930815879_215141195175586_704536_876083_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

All Wheels Wrestling, the TNA offshoot promotion, held its first ever television pilot tapings for the SPEED network in Orlando at Universal Studios in the Impact Wrestling Zone.

The official AWW Facebook page provided more detail as well.

"Wrestlers can earn points for their team in every #AllWheelsWrestling match & each week will have a different specialty match. Speed matches will give wrestlers a chance to quickly earn several points for their team. Each week, teams will be ranked #1 thru 4 based on the points they’ve earned throughout the season. Fans will be able to track their favorite team's performance online & check the current standings. Teams will compete in a postseason tournament with the winner taking the AllWheelsWrestling Championship Cup."
    Here are the results.

RPM (Jay Lethal) defeated Dubai (Shawn Daivari) in the first match which was a five minute match where the winner got the most falls during the five minute time period.

‘The Human Cyclone’ Aaron Aguilera defeated Schwagg Dutt (Sonjay Dutt) 4 falls to none in another five minute match.

Shwagg Dutt (Sonjay Dutt) defeated Dubai (Shawn Daivari), ‘The Human Cyclone’ Aaron Aguilera, and RPM (Jay Lethal) in an Ultimate X Match when he grabbed the All Wheels Wrestling Logo hanging over the ring.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Since when does "team" mean one person? :S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

4 falls in 5 minutes?

Must be the most ridiculous thing I have seen. Makes WSX sound like an intellectual promotion.

where does the wheels element come into it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Is it going to be the same 4 wrestlers every week?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Is it going to be the same 4 wrestlers every week?

I assume they were looking to limit the number of people they use for the pilot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'd say theres an unreal amount of working the body part goes on in those matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Hahaha they called Davairi Dubai, shur they might aswell call him Semtex or something

Advertisement