Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invicta Men's F0036 Signature Collection Russian Diver GMT Watch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭YamaMotoYama

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Whatever about the size (50 mm!!) or style of the watch ...the fact that the words "CCCP" and "Swiss" appear on its dial simultaneously ...that would put me off.

I'd rather have one of these genuine Russian divers: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72120474&postcount=5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Or a tasteful Panerai homage from Getat for under a hundred euros...

b_1291585907796009677.jpg
    http://www.siswatch727.com/index.do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

That looks cool.

I have to say i am amazed at being able buy a mechanical watch for under 100 bucks.

• Advertisement

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I have to say i am amazed at being able buy a mechanical watch for under 100 bucks.
    I have two of them from Getat. The one I wear a lot is a titanium version with a sapphire chrystal and a PVD coated movement, all 'optional extras'. Still only cost about €120 delivered. The titanium is quite cool because it has a different colour and 'texture' to steel, as well as being hypoallergenic and a lot lighter. Scratches add character on that watch too, for some reason, whereas on other watches I hate scratches.

The other one is brushed steel, sapphire chrystal, and a 'stealth' dial with dark grey (!!) lume and blue hands - again, customised options.

They took something like a month to arrive after ordering. One came with a 6497-1 clone, the other with a 6497-2, so they run at 18,800 and 21,600 respectively, and look very slightly different (angular plates on the first, curvy ones on the other).

I'd recommend Getat happily enough.

Very cool. I really like the look of one or two on the site. How was communication with that website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭YamaMotoYama

Hmmmmmmmm...

Maybe its a little big

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxDTAzs3cZ0&NR=1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Hmmmmmmmm...

Maybe its a little big

Had you looked at the calender properly (i.e. at the watches) you would have known that already :D:D:D

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Very cool. I really like the look of one or two on the site. How was communication with that website?
    Slowish, I would say. But reliable by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

I got one last year from Getat and I'm happy with it, although doesn't get much wrist time. As Monty said, communication is not great but as was said on other forums, he's a one man show, so he doesn't have too much time for emails. If you decide on one, let him know the details and extras you want and best to let him get the job done without bombarding him with emails. When it arrives, you'll be amazed by the quality.
    This is mine:

Homage%252520002.jpg

Watches%25252011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

I'd recommend Getat happily enough.

Fecks sake I just bought one. I picked up the Marina Militare 44mm with blue hands and Sapphire front glass. It only came to €81.50 so not much of a waste if I'm not happy with it. I should stay away from Watches and Timepieces!

LOL aint that the truth.

Advertisement