Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Bike issue

• 15-06-2011 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

I got a new bike and took it out to get used to the Gears and the Feel of it,

I notice that if im in Low Gear with the Cassette and in Top gear with the Chain Set its makeing a loud Sound, I never Notice it in my Old bike.

What coul be the problem ?

if it helps i could upload a video on youtube.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I think that means the front derailleur needs to be adjusted. I'd be pretty annoyed with the shop that they didn't check it over, but it's only a minor fix.

That should help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

What bike is it and how many gears you have? Sometimes on racers there is 2 selections in top gear to help to stop this as its near on impossible to stop the chain rubbing in the gears you described on 9spd or 10spd.

TBH if by low you mean number 1 on the back, you are chain crossing and its not reccomended. You will wear the drivetrain out very fast. Just shift down on the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

As Kona said, you're crossing chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dermur

Some gear combinations should be avoided if possible.

Low chainring, High cassette
    High chainring, Low cassette

This can accelerate the wear and tear not only on the chain but also on your chainring and cassette!

If can be fiddly business getting those combinations to work while avoiding any rub on the front derailleur. But even if you do, it's probably best not to use them for the above reasons.

Advertisement